362 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He played 6 games last year, and looked subpar in his limited play. The fact he was exposed to draft doesn't mean he is terrible, but certainly shows he is not a key player. Jury is still out on this guy, but as it stands by the end of last year, he is a bench player. We will see if he can improve, but Davis is ahead of him thus far. Whether he can make a leap forward this year or not is has not yet been determined, and I haven't seen flashes of brilliance indicating it is imminent. So, let's not peg him as a starter just yet.

Could have been an educated gamble on Marschs part. At his salary and still having yet to prove himself in any fashion AND coming off an injury who in MLS is gonna take that risk? I wouldnt.

So if youre Marsch and your convinced no one will take him then yeah leave him unprotected so you can protect another player.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Could have been an educated gamble on Marschs part. At his salary and still having yet to prove himself in any fashion AND coming off an injury who in MLS is gonna take that risk? I wouldnt.

So if youre Marsch and your convinced no one will take him then yeah leave him unprotected so you can protect another player.

Unless Marsch heard directly from Bradley that LAFC wouldnt take Keita, it was for sure a gamble. Keita played for Bradley in Norway and it was reported we saw games Keita partly in Bradleys recommendation.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He played 6 games last year, and looked subpar in his limited play. The fact he was exposed to draft doesn't mean he is terrible, but certainly shows he is not a key player. Jury is still out on this guy, but as it stands by the end of last year, he is a bench player. We will see if he can improve, but Davis is ahead of him thus far. Whether he can make a leap forward this year or not is has not yet been determined, and I haven't seen flashes of brilliance indicating it is imminent. So, let's not peg him as a starter just yet.

He never got close to full fitness last year, I think his hamstring was bugging him and he always looked gassed after 60 min. But if you're interested rewatch the Philly game he played as a central mid, there's potential there. He actually showed some creative passing ability which we'll need with Kljestan gone. I don't necessarily think he'll be an MLS XI kind of guy but I wouldn't be surprised to take a lot of minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users