Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,843 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So 1 game vs every Western team, twice vs every Eastern team with an extra third game with DC and NYCFC. 

When we have 24 teams the schedule will be so easy to make. 2 games against every in conference team, 1 against the other conference. 

When it gets to 28 teams it becomes a cluster fuck. 

14 games against West

26 games against East?

40 games total? that's gonna mean a lot of wed games, and i don't know what the break down would be for the home-home games.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Supports:Metro

By the way, if you check the MLS version of the schedule rather than the club website's version, almost every "TBD" game is listed as a 7:30 p.m. start, which I like them doing, easier to get to. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Looks like we may get some competition for MSG slots. Interested to see who gets priority this year or in the future. Money talks. Cosmos now have it. Red Bull won't spend it.

http://www.nasl.com/...broadcast-deal-
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Looks like we may get some competition for MSG slots. Interested to see who gets priority this year or in the future. Money talks. Cosmos now have it. Red Bull won't spend it.

http://www.nasl.com/...broadcast-deal-

There is no way on the planet the Cosmos are "in competition" for spots on MSG. They will be placed below us on the totem pole, same as the Liberty. In addition to Cosmos being in a lower league, the RBNY schedule on MSG is already set.

The "Red Bull doesn't spend on anything" narrative works in some places but in others it just leads to insanely wrong takes, especially when MSG pays a rights fee to air RBNY games and we have no knowledge of whether this is anything other than a time-share between Cosmos/MSG or even a time buy by the Cosmos from MSG/Tribune. I'd bet a decent amount of money they're buying time for that Channel 11 game. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

<script language='javascript'> </script>

14 games against West

26 games against East?

40 games total? that's gonna mean a lot of wed games, and i don't know what the break down would be for the home-home games.

This is what I meant in my post about the Don turning MLS into the NFL.  When it gets to 28 teams, how's the schedule going to work?  You really think they'll have more than 34-36 game regular season?  I fear the league is going to turn us into the NFL with divisions within each conference, you play home/home with division teams, and possibly not play other teams at all during the season.  I think this could be really bad for the league if it's possible either NY team doesn't play either LA team at all one year.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

<script language='javascript'> </script>

This is what I meant in my post about the Don turning MLS into the NFL.  When it gets to 28 teams, how's the schedule going to work?  You really think they'll have more than 34-36 game regular season?  I fear the league is going to turn us into the NFL with divisions within each conference, you play home/home with division teams, and possibly not play other teams at all during the season.  I think this could be really bad for the league if it's possible either NY team doesn't play either LA team at all one year.  

sounds like a MLS 1.0 or 2.0 narrative.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Escalators and Beer

Escalators and Beer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Everton, USA

In an effort to maintain playing every team in the league at least once, once the league reaches 28 teams, my hope would be for four 7-team divisions. Play every team in the league once (27 games) and then every team in your division an additional time (6 games) and then probably some additional rivalry-type game to make it an even 34 games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users