Arena's sweaty armpits.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I don't want to say "First True Test of the Season", but, it'll be interesting to see what Arena does tactically against Marsch here. Arena knows the gameplan, and knows how to play counter-attacking soccer to a tee. 

I'd be really, really impressed if we won this won. 

I'm thinking 1-1. 

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

LA has been on a bit of a slow start, especially without Donovan. It'll be our toughest home game yet but I think we win this.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I like our chances as well. Donovan being gone has changed things a lot. Keane seems to have ZERO patience with some of his teammates anymore. Arena knows how to coach that transition game and countering soccer but Donovan was great at executing it.

Expecting Zubar back for this game but will be interested on whether Roy plays at left back. Lawrence has been very good.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I agree with most of you. There is really no better team that can play effective counterattacking soccer than LA. This will be a good tactical test for Marsch and his high-press offense. Hopefully the mistake of making the wrong pass or a bad turnover won't be too fatal on the other end.

Overall, I like our chances but, we'll see what develops. 

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Randomly saw Zubar as I left. He said he'll be ready for next week. You're welcome guys.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't want to say "First True Test of the Season", but, it'll be interesting to see what Arena does tactically against Marsch here. Arena knows the gameplan, and knows how to play counter-attacking soccer to a tee. 

I'd be really, really impressed if we won this won. 

I'm thinking 1-1. 

For me it depends on Keane. We all know how well LA counters, and Keane's ability to find space between the midfield and defense is a huge part of it. When we defend in transition, our CB's push out wide to cover our attacking fullbacks, and Dax doesn't always drop back. Marsch has been begging teams to attack that central channel but nobody's been competent enough so far, I think Keane is. If he plays to his potential, then I think "first true test of the season" is totally fair.

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USMNT

Randomly saw Zubar as I left. He said he'll be ready for next week. You're welcome guys.

Saw Roy Miller hanging around my section too. Didn't get a chance to talk to him so I don't know how he feels, but I'm guessing not many of you miss him with the way Lawrence is playing.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Will we be able to force turnovers with the LA backline and their midfield?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

If that New York Red Bulls membership website is anything to go by seems like JPA is going to be honored pre game.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Saw Roy Miller hanging around my section too. Didn't get a chance to talk to him so I don't know how he feels, but I'm guessing not many of you miss him with the way Lawrence is playing.

MetroCab looks real good to me,  very nice to have some speed on the defensive left flank for a change.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Any update on Sam's status after the SJ game? He clearly tweaked something but didn't rush back to the locker room which was a good sign.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Maybe he cramped up?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

marsch in the post-game presser said that it was something relating to sam's hamstring.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Will we be able to force turnovers with the LA backline and their midfield?

This is really what a lot of it comes down to...

Is the other team's back 4 + D Mid good enough to pass through our press?  Or they can do well if they play route 1 as well.

LA is pretty good there compared to some other MLS teams.  Omar, Rogers, Gargan, all pretty good passers.  Juninho at holding mid as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users