• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

More i think about it, think rbny is following us soccer plan to squeeze more $ from existing fans instead of growing support.

Lol by providing more of what people want
The USMNT tix prices are ridiculous - especially when they play like did against Costa Rica at RBA

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Look at prices on ticketmaster. For LAG game, cheapest tix are $37 (resale). Standard price seems to start at $40.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Look at prices on ticketmaster. For LAG game, cheapest tix are $37 (resale). Standard price seems to start at $40.

Zlatan is coming of course prices are slightly higher

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
$35 lowest standard for San Jose in March.

Resale tickets at $21 which tells a lot about demand.

I think theyve given up on trying to fill it, and will see how badly they can soak existing fans.

They kill most of the cheapest seats the same time they launch auto renew? Give me time upgrades and hope no one notices higher prices next year?

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
*one time

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Anyway, it was pretty cool of the organization to call me on the Friday of a holiday weekend, less than a week before the first (concacaf) game of the season, to share this news, after their vague public announcement of updates.

After 7 months of payments for renewing my tickets and limiting my opportunity to choose where I can sit after 8 seasons.

Had been looking forward to buying another seat for my kid when he is old enough, but probably more likely to drop my wifes ticket at this point.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Anyway, it was pretty cool of the organization to call me on the Friday of a holiday weekend, less than a week before the first (concacaf) game of the season, to share this news, after their vague public announcement of updates.

After 7 months of payments for renewing my tickets and limiting my opportunity to choose where I can sit after 8 seasons.

Had been looking forward to buying another seat for my kid when he is old enough, but probably more likely to drop my wifes ticket at this point.

thats a bummer but don't see why you don't get some upgrades and freebies out of it - good luck

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Hopefully get some better seats and try and pressure them for some field level seats as comps

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Probably not doing squat except tarping sections off so it doesn't look as crappy.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Probably not doing squat except tarping sections off so it doesn't look as crappy.

Hope you're wrong. Fully tarping off 3 - 5 sections* on one side seems a bit extreme, and it would totally seem crappy to anyone in the stadium. Also 217-219 are the cheapest seats in the stadium and often have young kids/soccer teams visiting.

*If they are covering 217, I assume they would be doing 217-219 or 216-220 for symmetry.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Looks like upper north sections are open for USA womens game in May.

Arent open on ticketmaster maps for rbny single games.

Personally think tarps would look worse than sparsely populated. Doubt theyll spend the $ on tarps.

Do they really want to lose that many seats for when Peru plays? Or if they ever get another arsenal type friendly?

They havent shared any renderings of what the upgrades look like, which makes me doubt that they are actually taking out the seats in all those sections.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Personally think tarps would look worse than sparsely populated. Doubt theyll spend the $ on tarps.

Tarps could always be advertisements if they are actually going that route.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Not my seats being impacted, but an outdoor bar area with a view if the game would be pretty cool.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Not my seats being impacted, but a bar area with a view if the game would be pretty cool.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Were you drinking between 11:47 and 12:27?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users