251 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Ignacio Pussetto

Report from Closs Continental saying the Red Bulls could offer 11 mill for the 22 year old and would look to pull it off in June.

AHORA #ClossContinental | #Huracán | El @NewYorkRedBulls podría llevarse EN JUNIO a Ignacio Pussetto por 11M de U$S, cuenta @ldojeda

If true then obviously some serious money being thrown around.  Could also make some sense for Huracan to be driving his price up so who knows.  Possible that he might be considered the long term replacement for BWP.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

if we're spending $11M on anyone, it's probably because we envision him improving enough that we can sell him for ($11 + X) million in a few years. No way that he would be a long term replacement for BWP. The long term replacement for BWP would be someone like Felipe - a good/great MLS player but one that won't move to Europe in a few years.

jerzyiroc

jerzyiroc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

if we're spending $11M on anyone, it's probably because we envision him improving enough that we can sell him for ($11 + X) million in a few years. No way that he would be a long term replacement for BWP. The long term replacement for BWP would be someone like Felipe - a good/great MLS player but one that won't move to Europe in a few years.

Pretty much mostly every big splash this team will make going forward will be with the intent of flipping for a profitable transfer. We are likely well into our transition to the Salzburg model. If we are and we have half their success then I'll be one happy son of a bitch. Interesting times ahead. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Damn.  We did hear rumors about a big European signing though...

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i don't think there is a team in the world that purchases young players thinking they won't be worth more than what they paid for them no matter how much the player originally costs.  

And then regarding "long-term replacement" talk, if a DP gives me 3 years at a high level they can do whatever they want after.  If you are signing a really good young DP and after 3 years no one in Europe is interested in him, he probably isn't good enough to spend decent coin on anyway or wasn't that successful here.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

hoped for Lautaro Martinez from Racing, but he's valued more than Pessotto. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Pretty much mostly every big splash this team will make going forward will be with the intent of flipping for a profitable transfer. We are likely well into our transition to the Salzburg model. If we are and we have half their success then I'll be one happy son of a bitch. Interesting times ahead. 

Thats not just Salzburgs model, its the model of about every Dutch team. Probably about half of the Spanish, Italian, and French first division teams also follow a similar model.

jerzyiroc

jerzyiroc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Thats not just Salzburgs model, its the model of about every Dutch team. Probably about half of the Spanish, Italian, and French first division teams also follow a similar model.

Sure. But everything about this team from the high press, types of players, academy integration, etc, is in line with Salzburg. I'm sure in the meetings with Salzburg and Leipzig and the rest of the Austrian overlords they're going over things in regards to how they want to do things along the Red Bull soccer pov, not really what other clubs in other countries are doing. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
anybody not thrilled with this is simply wrong. Now get a stud CB.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

Its not to happen until summer, yet they can quote the transfer fee?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

i don't think there is a team in the world that purchases young players thinking they won't be worth more than what they paid for them no matter how much the player originally costs.  

And then regarding "long-term replacement" talk, if a DP gives me 3 years at a high level they can do whatever they want after.  If you are signing a really good young DP and after 3 years no one in Europe is interested in him, he probably isn't good enough to spend decent coin on anyway or wasn't that successful here.  

I mean there's a difference between buying a house that you think will be a good value for years vs buying a house you perceive as a flippable asset. I think when they bought Gonzalo Veron they were hoping more for Diego Valeri than they were for Fredy Montero. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I am setting myself up for massive disappointment on 500 different levels, but if this team is actually going to commit to spending on young foreign talent on top of building through the academy then we have a chance to be a perennial force in the league.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
Not sure where he fits on the field.... but anybody not thrilled with this is simply wrong. Now get a stud CB.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

there's nothing wrong with bring guys in for a few years and selling them on for profit. But the way this league is going, you might be surprised how many of these guys choose to stay three years from now.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Sure. But everything about this team from the high press, types of players, academy integration, etc, is in line with Salzburg. I'm sure in the meetings with Salzburg and Leipzig and the rest of the Austrian overlords they're going over things in regards to how they want to do things along the Red Bull soccer pov, not really what other clubs in other countries are doing. 

I was just referring to the concept of buying players that you may plan to sell later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users