116 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It's absurd to me that you can't choose which games you want. ... I'll be going by a game by game basis. I certainly don't anticipate having any difficulty finding a ticket ... This is mostly due to the F.O. and organization being, in my opinion, inept.

I'd say it's arrogance, more than ineptness, although you might have a point.
Consider that the F.O. is of the mind that the best tickets are greatly underpriced. Thus, a major price increase for sideline seats in the front rows. The fact is, that those seats are held by season tickets holders. Will the fans suck it up, and pay a huge price increase? The FO thinks so. We'll see. If not, it might be interesting to see the first 7 rows empty on TV. (Of course, people might just slide down into their old seats. :lol: )
Next, consider that the FO believes that it had sold-out games last year. Ignore the empty seats all over the stadium, and the fact that people could somehow buy tickets at the windows, when none were supposedly available. The FO convinces itself that the stadium can & will be filled by season ticket holders, so it adds a seat license (even if it's called something else), but waives it for the first year, so that everyone will rush to renew or purchase before the 2011 season is even over. Let's not even mention the STH event, likely to be a practice or meet-the-team event, rather than an actual match ticket.
What are the results? Has the FO succeeded in having the prime STHs renew? Have more STs been sold, than were at this point last off-season? Or, are sales down?
If renewals are favorable, say 75-80%, the FO is convinced that its strategies are working, and will feel that it can push the envelope.
If unfavorable, has the FO been chastened, or will it continue to believe that its strategies will eventually pay off, or is it desperate to try anything that might seem to work. The comment that 1,000 new STs have been sold merits analysis. Is this wishful thinking, with the number consisting primarily of relocated STHs? If there are actually 1,000 new STHs, is that number eclipsed by a larger number of STHs who failed to renew, for a net loss?
Either way, the FO appears to desire to extend its micromanagement to partial plans. How dare fans decide what games they want to see? We'll tell them! It may be a benevolent dictatorship, offering weekend games, rather than trying to squeeze a midweek game or two into each plan. But, an imposed choice, nonetheless.
Who knows? Perhaps the next step will be a choose-your-own partial plan. :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'd say it's arrogance, more than ineptness, although you might have a point.... the FO appears to desire to extend its micromanagement to partial plans. How dare fans decide what games they want to see? We'll tell them!

Fact is Heck decided to forgo allowing fans the ease and courtesy of selected partial plans that fit their needs in lieu of packaging take it or leave options. ...

So it doesn't matter to you that basically the entire league does the same thing with partial plans, or worse, if they bother to offer them at all? Of course not. Haters gonna hate.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So it doesn't matter to you that basically the entire league does the same thing with partial plans, or worse, if they bother to offer them at all?

No, it doesn't. Who cares if any other teams do it that way? Is it an MLS mandate? Must we follow the monkey?

Of course not. Haters gonna hate.

Suck-ups gonna suck. :P

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

So it doesn't matter to you that basically the entire league does the same thing with partial plans, or worse, if they bother to offer them at all? Of course not. Haters gonna hate.

I prefer the guy in charge of my teams ticketing policy be a bit more of a visionary and implement common sense solutions instead of simply going by the standard ticket sellers handbook for dummies. So to answer your question, no its doesn't matter to me what Columbus, LA or Philly do...which according to you are 3 different things anyway.

Apologists gonna apologize.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

people here are forgetting the simple logistics of selling dedicated seats. LA, for example, does have an option to pick any 6 or more games. But if you do the "pick any 6" plan, you get different seats for every game. That obviously doesn't matter to you, but its a big deal to some.

Columbus only lets you pick your games if you buy a 10 game package (and one game has to be the home opener). They have four game packs, but they are all pre-selected.

Philadelphia only has two partial season packages to choose from - both pre-selected, and they make you buy 9 games.

New England, Chicago and I imagine a bunch of others don't even have partial plans for sale yet. Its the same type of stuff all around the league... but haters gonna hate.

First, let me start by saying that personally I couldn't give 2 shits about partial season ticket plans or how they're done. But here's the FACT, not letting RB fans pick the games they want is a specific and intentional decision. Good or bad one, I don't know and I don't care.

The argument that it's complicated or that other teams do it is flat out silly. It's absurd quite frankly. We can put a man on the moon but we can't let fans pick the games they want? Keep believeing that one and I've got a bridge to sell you.

Red Bulls are the only team in North America to have tickets that are swiped and not having paper tickets. Very innovative and they are the only team to do so. Should they have waited to see how other MLS teams did their tickets and copy it? Of course not.

Everyone does what's best for themselves. If making fans choose certain games is best for Red Bulls, fine. But let's be honest about it.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I like GMoney's style, calls a statement about bringing ticket policies in line with the rest of the league silly and absurd, then makes a statement comparing landing on the moon with ticketing policies :D

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I like GMoney's style, calls a statement about bringing ticket policies in line with the rest of the league silly and absurd, then makes a statement comparing landing on the moon with ticketing policies :D

Its kinda like saying that if your not a groundbreaking visionary, even if you do as good a job as everyone else, you are inept and/or arrogant.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Its kinda like saying that if your not a groundbreaking visionary, even if you do as good a job as everyone else, you are inept and/or arrogant.

Nope. Re-read, never said that.

What I did say is the reasoning that it's too complicated is not a valid argument. Red Bulls have proven with their ticketing in the new stadium that they can be on the cutting edge if they want to. They thoughfully chose not to in this case.

Again, I couldn't give a hoot about partial season ticket plans.

If they want to have have fans pick some undesireble games along with some good one's, more power to them. Let's just be honest about it. That all.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

If they want to have have fans pick some undesireble games along with some good one's, more power to them. Let's just be honest about it. That all.

One idea would be to make the less desireble games (like midweek games) cost less than prime games. If they were to say you could get $20 seats for a midweek game for $15 they would sell more to people looking for value. If they cost less you wouldn't have to force people to buy them because people would pick them to save money.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Nope. Re-read, never said that.'''

Nope. Re-read, never said you said that. It was o'sack that jumped in to defend the "inept/arrogant" stuff by saying that doing what the other guys do isn't good enough, they must be "visionaries."

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
... thank god the games start getting televised tonight.

Then we can have some fuel to rip our players apart which is when the real fun begins.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

I never said you said that. Re-read. It was o'sack that jumped in to defend the "inept/arrogant" stuff by saying that doing what the other guys do isn't good enough, they should be "visionaries."

Gotcha.

Thanks.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Then we can have some fuel to rip our players apart which is when the real fun begins.

God damn 4 day week threw me off, I could have sworn it was Tuesday and that the game was tomorrow... you sir just saved me the cost of whatever I would have broken after realizing I missed the game :D

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

I never said you said that. Re-read. It was o'sack that jumped in to defend the "inept/arrogant" stuff by saying that doing what the other guys do isn't good enough, they should be "visionaries."

I think you are losing track of current events. You highlighted about 3-4 temas partial plans and they were all different, and the most succesfful organization (LA) that you listed did allow a "Pick Any 6". So clearly not "everyone" is doing it the same way.

Heck took the easy way out and decided it was too much of a bother to allow the very limited fanbase he actuall has to be able to pick the dates and times they can be availabel for a game to watch.

End of the world? No. Heck's season ticket policy was 100x worse and more disrepectful. But here you are again....defendning him and every decision he makes. Do you do it because you beleive it? Or are so conditioned now to feeling like you have to defend the flag at all costs that you are just on auto pilot?

The choose not to set a policy that favors the fans. They did the same in selecting the new STH policies. I give Chris Heck 2 years tops before he's gone.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Already breaking my vow of silence, but hopefully everyone is aware that given the tight schedule, that tonight's lineup will probably be more reserve laden and that the A Team will be used tomorrow night.

Let the head exploding begin! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users