8 replies to this topic

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Usually at this stage of preseason, some clever gumshoe looks at photos from camp and picks out some unfamiliar faces or potential trialists. Anyone heard or spotted anything?  

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Usually at this stage of preseason, some clever gumshoe looks at photos from camp and picks out some unfamiliar faces or potential trialists. Anyone heard or spotted anything?  

Maybe they figured since we drafted about 50 guys we didn't need extra bodies in camp?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Anyone heard ... anything?  

Tried & failed to post a good photo here!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Reliance on young RB2, academy guys, plus the draftees have probably decreased the need for veteran scrap heap trialists I guess. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
First camp featured Allen Yanes (signed back to USL team), academy kids John Tolkin and Omir Fernandez (Omir signed). Outside of academy players (Bobocea), I haven't seen any trialist in the photos. That could be strategic.

Last year before AZ, we only had Kyle Duncan and Ish Jome, IIRC.

Very interested to see the AZ roster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

First camp featured Allen Yanes (signed back to USL team), academy kids John Tolkin and Omir Fernandez (Omir signed). Outside of academy players (Bobocea), I haven't seen any trialist in the photos. That could be strategic.

Last year before AZ, we only had Kyle Duncan and Ish Jome, IIRC.

Very interested to see the AZ roster.

Thank you!

I wonder if we will see Rossi.  Despite his attempts to get a deal in Europe, I don't see that he's landed anywhere (prolly with good reason).  But given the fact that he trained with us last season, it wouldn't shock me if he joined us in AZ, if only to get fit.  I would never spring DP bucks on him, but if he did a SWP type deal (i.e., signed a small contract after training with us for ages), I'd be totally fine with it.  

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

What purpose would Rossi serve? We've got a glut of young attacking players. Rossi would just hinder their development.

Like others have said here, I wouldn't expect many trialists at all, unless they're from RBNY II or the academy.

It's kind of disappointing because I always like looking those guys up and seeing how they could fit into the team, but it's much better that we're producing enough talent we don't have to try guys out.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

What purpose would Rossi serve? We've got a glut of young attacking players. Rossi would just hinder their development.

Like others have said here, I wouldn't expect many trialists at all, unless they're from RBNY II or the academy.

It's kind of disappointing because I always like looking those guys up and seeing how they could fit into the team, but it's much better that we're producing enough talent we don't have to try guys out.

If he's in shape and affordable, I'd see his purpose as a short-term bridge between inexperienced young players and BWP?

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

If he's in shape and affordable, I'd see his purpose as a short-term bridge between inexperienced young players and BWP?

Yeah, my opinion that we may want to take a flyer on him was premised on his accepting a SWP type deal. And if, like SWP hes not good enough at his age to get on the field, then he wont be hindering anyones development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users