• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I heard third-hand, "He's already back in England",
as if he was not planning to return.

https://twitter.com/...342467880329222

- Kyle Duncan to return to NY Red Bulls for the rest of the season

- loan, no option to buy

- #RBNYMLS_2022_Team_RBNY_2022.png have a huge hole at RB. Duncan can help immediately since he knows the team/system.

- Oostende still rate him

Is the "huge hole at RB" created by Edwards leaving? A bit of speculation at the moment, but I am worried there is a decent chance Edwards may be gone based on several circumstantial pieces of info.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Just wish we could have gotten Lawrence back too. 

Jake going to get the band back together?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
This guy was our best attacker at the end of last season, so I am very excited.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Is the "huge hole at RB" created by Edwards leaving? speculation at the moment, but decent chance Edwards may be gone based on circumstantial pieces of info.

As likely a scenario as any other.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I want to see Luquinhas lined up on the right side with Duncan. Those are two really skilled guys on the ball who will make fun things happen.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If Edwards is leaving, his replacement by Duncan is probably at best a wash.  Duncan is better offensively but Edwards is better defensively.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If Edwards is leaving, his replacement by Duncan is probably at best a wash.  Duncan is better offensively but Edwards is better defensively.  

Reyes takes over for Edwards as RCB, Duncan takes over for Nealis at RB. Two improvements.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Reyes takes over for Edwards as RCB, Duncan takes over for Nealis at RB. Two improvements.

This can be done right now - Reyes takes over for Edwards as RCB, Edwards takes over for Nealis at RB.

Antonius is right: Duncan addition with Edwards leaving is a wash at best, probably a small downgrade over current roster.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Duncan is better than Edwards or Nealis at RWB. Reyes is probably not worse than Edwards at RCB.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Duncan is better than Edwards or Nealis at RWB. Reyes is probably not worse than Edwards at RCB.

I think you are underestimating Edwards. We just conceded 10 goals without him. We also lose something on set pieces and long throws. Edwards is involved in building a lot, while still defending well out of RCB spot. Reyes has not done that. I like to keep Edwards and add Duncan (plus healthy Reyes). Stoked about adding Duncan, but if we lose Edwards at the same time, it basically takes the upgrade Duncan brought away. I feel like we need both to achieve full potential of this team defensively.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Agree

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Agree. I like Duncan but Edwards would be a huge loss. Dude is a warrior and those types help in the locker room.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Some pretty impressive scouting.  How did they ever find this Duncan kid?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Some pretty impressive scouting.  How did they ever find this Duncan kid?

Not for nothin but thus is a great pickup
Too bad didnt get done like 9 days ago

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I love Edwards but I don't know if we're ever going to pay the money needed to get him for good.

Duncan could be a decent stopgap. Always liked him.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users