Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Thanks. 

love-boat-isaac-o.gif

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

PS We beat Seattle 3-0 to get into the Semis.

New York Red Bulls 3, Seattle Sounders 0
Group A

Goals – Brian Saramago (RBNY), Zaire Bartley (RBNY), Jared Gilbey (RBNY)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Who are the top prospects on this team?  any HG players? or will they go to college...or the USL team?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Who are the top prospects on this team?  any HG players? or will they go to college...or the USL team?

I like xavier kennedy (gk), brian saramago, noah powder, zaire bartley, jared gilbey, ryan mingachos

some people are high on Jean Paul Marin and Mason Deeds.

Saramago is another goal machine, but that could go away any time he moves onto the next age/skill level. Like Mingachos. Kennedy could be really talented, but we're set on keepers for a while.

It comes down to what parents want, usually. We could have a USL team full of Academy players, but parents would rather their kids go to college first. One of the downsides of having an Academy full of kids going to good schools.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Just means we get em for the PDL U23 team, no?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Noah Powder, Mason Deeds, and Xavier Kennedy would be the first three to go after, IMO.

Zaire Bartley, JP Marin, Sean Teixeira right there too. Saramago and Mingachos have stood out lately as well.

Like MoS stated, the downfall is that the academy players are exposed to colleges all over the country looking to give full rides.

Think about it from a parents' perspective. Do you encourage your kid to go to a D1, well recognized school and get a free education that will help for the rest of their sons life? Or do you hope they make it as a pro, give up any scholarship opportunities and get excited that they are playing in front of 400 people at a RBNYII game earning, maybe $35,000 as a USL player and last an average of 2 to 5 years in MLS?

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

Hope we can get Noah Powder on a deal with RBNYII instead of going to college (which is a big question). Probably the best player for us there imo.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Hope we can get Noah Powder on a deal with RBNYII instead of going to college (which is a big question). Probably the best player for us there imo.

He's certainly an interesting one. A lot can happen in the next two years though. You never know who is going to come out of nowhere and develop.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

He's certainly an interesting one. A lot can happen in the next two years though. You never know who is going to come out of nowhere and develop.

There are so many players that falter towards the pro level. Many factors play into it - training habits, injuries, burnout, other interests, ego, and just not being able to hit that extra gear needed to play professionally all play into it. I have an excel file (yes, I'm a bit of a stat nerd) with 235 players that have played with this team from the U16 level to the U23s since 2009, not including the current USL signed players. Nine of them signed Homegrown Player Contracts (and only a handful play in MLS any longer) and I only know of 39 total that ended up playing professionally. Take away the USL Academy and our USL signed players in Adams, Borges, Castellanos, Etienne, Lochner, Manosalvas, Metzger, Plewa, JS Sanchez, and Zajec and another handful at the USL level on other teams: very few of these guys actually make it to the pro level. 

@CurseofCaricola

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

There are so many players that falter towards the pro level. Many factors play into it - training habits, injuries, burnout, other interests, ego, and just not being able to hit that extra gear needed to play professionally all play into it. I have an excel file (yes, I'm a bit of a stat nerd) with 235 players that have played with this team from the U16 level to the U23s since 2009, not including the current USL signed players. Nine of them signed Homegrown Player Contracts (and only a handful play in MLS any longer) and I only know of 39 total that ended up playing professionally. Take away the USL Academy and our USL signed players in Adams, Borges, Castellanos, Etienne, Lochner, Manosalvas, Metzger, Plewa, JS Sanchez, and Zajec and another handful at the USL level on other teams: very few of these guys actually make it to the pro level. 

Right? Two years ago, everyone would have told you that WW and MD were the next great American strikers. Banging in goals for the Academy, starting game in and game out for the youth national teams. Now neither of them can crack the starting lineup for the Academy team, let alone get a call up. 

Shit changes.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

Right? Two years ago, everyone would have told you that WW and MD were the next great American strikers. Banging in goals for the Academy, starting game in and game out for the youth national teams. Now neither of them can crack the starting lineup for the Academy team, let alone get a call up. 

Shit changes.

Whatever happened to Johnny X?  :blink:

@CurseofCaricola

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

They're playing now. 1-1.

http://www.mlssoccer...nadidascup/2015

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

Medellin goalkeeper Perez just threw a forearm right into Mason Deeds' face. Bullshit.

Red card to Perez. Yellow to Deeds.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

Minganchos just scored the go ahead goal off a free kick in early extra time.

EDIT: Apparently Deeds had gotten a 2nd yellow before.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

We are the champions, my friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users