Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Isn't The Sun not totally reliable? Either way, Struber is supposedly being looked at to take over Nottingham Forest FC should they shitcan their coach. 

https://twitter.com/...682275013197825

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Isn't The Sun not totally reliable? 

BILLY BRAGG - NEVER BUY THE SUN 090711.mp4 - YouTube

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

BILLY BRAGG - NEVER BUY THE SUN 090711.mp4 - YouTube

Great song - verses are about intrusive, sensational "journalism".  The chorus references this: The Sun Hillsborough disaster coverage - Wikipedia

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Struber supposedly being looked at to take over Forest

We are only a way station for foreign coaches.
More fun to guess his replacement. BWP? Titi?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

We are only a way station for foreign coaches.
More fun to guess his replacement. BWP? Titi?

BWP indicating that there really was no system under Petke recently, and that the team suffered as a result (squandered Henry years) was a good indication he understands the game. BWP fits the mold (for me) as someone who could become a good coach. Not the most naturally gifted and battled through adversity to become a league record holder.    

I've always felt someone with Titi's brilliance would have a difficult time coaching. I think the best players -> coaches tend to be players from lower leagues/divisions who had to figure it out. 

The most Red Bull thing would be for Struber to take the job 2 days before the playoff. I hope/believe he'd stay through playoffs, but I think its reasonable to think there is a chance he's gone to greener pastures this offseason. 

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

BWP indicating that there really was no system under Petke recently, and that the team suffered as a result (squandered Henry years) was a good indication he understands the game. BWP fits the mold (for me) as someone who could become a good coach. Not the most naturally gifted and battled through adversity to become a league record holder.    

I've always felt someone with Titi's brilliance would have a difficult time coaching. I think the best players -> coaches tend to be players from lower leagues/divisions who had to figure it out. 

The most Red Bull thing would be for Struber to take the job 2 days before the playoff. I hope/believe he'd stay through playoffs, but I think its reasonable to think there is a chance he's gone to greener pastures this offseason. 

In almost every sport the best coaches who were previously players are always usually role players, not big stars or hall of famers. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Who would be next up if he goes?

Salzburg / Lepizing assistant who would want to come here?

I think BWP would have to be assistant for a few years, but long term I would love that.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Sekagya! Or in true RBNY style, does Jesse Marsch have a brother? Hows Digao with Xs and Os?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

He'd be insane to stay in my opinion... Unless he has serious promises of big time investments anyway.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I think they got Troy Lesesne or whatever to train him up to be the Struber replacement

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

In almost every sport the best coaches who were previously players are always usually role players, not big stars or hall of famers. 

Football has some huge exceptions like Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Guardiola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

titi with BWP and Lade as assistants  ;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I think they got Troy Lesesne or whatever to train him up to be the Struber replacement

in an ideal world I world I'd want Carnell back but he can't leave a job he hasnt coached a game yet for.  So Lesesne for sure if most likely.  He was pretty good in USL would have to see how that translates.  Also interview Woly please

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
*extremely Arnold voice* it's not a rumor

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't think I've heard or seen that name since that was announced

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users