• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

If you fire him, who would you want? My opinion, someone with MLS experience like Preki. Or do I say, bring Petke back? Or has his MLS coaching career ended with his comments at RSL?

Let Bruce Arena win MLS Cup with New England this year. Then he can make a triumphant return to Red Bull to take us to our first Cup.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

Depends on what the issue was, but Ritchie Williams is intriguing...

RED. BULL. OUT.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I would take Bob, Bruce, Petke or Richie.

100%

Not gonna change too too much if Red Bull still owns the team though.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I would take Bob, Bruce, Petke or Richie.

100%

Not gonna change too too much if Red Bull still owns the team though.

Yea, can't imagine Bob or Bruce even considering a job like this, with the lack of investment from ownership.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If Bradley misses the playoffs with LAFC, a team that is spending on players, what's he going to here, without the likes of Vela?

Bradley strength is developing players. Look at the Chivas USA and metrostars squads he built. This would be a good fit.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Bradley strength is developing players. Look at the Chivas USA and metrostars squads he built. This would be a good fit.

His record was .500 in both those stops. That said, a .500 would be nice right now

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,181 posts

His record was .500 in both those stops. That said, a .500 would be nice right now

At Chivas, Bob took over probably the worst team in MLS history and led then to the playoffs the very next year. We can use some of that now.

The team he built were first in the West the following year.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Going to go out on a limb and say the chances of Red Bull firing Struber and then replacing him with some MLS 1.0 retread who doesn't live by the gegenpress is 0%.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,439 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Jesse and Sacha were Bob's center mids at Chivas USA. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

The team he built were first in the West the following year.

Counter argument, Preki did better with a similar roster than Bob. Maybe Bradley for Thelwells job instead of Strubers

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Supports:New York
Honestly, its prob best if Bradley Carnell just takes over as coach. Theres no one really available, and I remember him doing a good job after Chris Armas left.

Or it might be time for Wolyniec.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,421 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Honestly, its prob best if Bradley Carnell just takes over as coach. Theres no one really available, and I remember him doing a good job after Chris Armas left.

Or it might be time for Wolyniec.

Carnell did a fantastic job as interim coach. If I could do it all over again I'd have hired him and spent $2M on a midfielder.

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Bradley Carnell or Wolyneic.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

He was basically a .500 coach in MLS after his early success in Chicago.  His two national teams stops were both strong, despite not qualifying with Egypt.  Then he was successful in the lower divisions of Europe, before what happened at Swansea.  Started off great in LAFC, but has been .500 last season and this season.

By no means would he be a bad hire.  I just wouldn't say he's a no brainer.  You said, "Bob Bradley 100%" and I think it's maybe more like "Bob Bradley 65%'...

bob is a no brainer.  he is the best coach in MLS. the only reason he is struggling this season is because the team traded away their best defensive players and their best player has been injury prone. he has done an okay job at LAFC and should be untouchable. however, losing does make owners make silly decisions and firing bob Bradley would be one.  at RBNY, bob would have more flexibility in molding his team. he is a coach that does better with little money. 

He struggled in Swansea but never got the opportunity to bring in guys that would fit his system. he was stuck with the players they had on the roster. he was setup to fail. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Carnell did a fantastic job as interim coach. If I could do it all over again I'd have hired him and spent $2M on a midfielder.

Carnell should have received the job after he saved the RBNY season. he should be considered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users