• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Have no issue with Etienne being gone.  Not a huge fan of him.  Hasn't done much and the numbers support that.  Will do something fancy occasionally but that doesn't matter. Just matters whether the player creates or scores goals in his position.  

I'll root for the dude, but I don't see him making it work at a high level in MLS outside of the occasional great play.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
This is terrible. Each time he is given a chance he produces. I wouldnt be shocked if he does well. Cincy got a great player.

It's a shame we didnt get someone to challenge murillo. He has been the weakest link.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Great skill on the ball, but doesn't do enough off of it to fit the system. 

I believe this makes him the first legit homegrown player to play for another MLS team, no? I'm not counting Brandon Allen. 

Agudelo

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Agudelo

Ahh, that's right. Good call. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Agudelo

Matt Kassel also had some time with Philly and Amando Moreno has seen a few minutes with Chicago this year.
Adam Najem's HGP rights were traded to Philly where he had some time in matches. We traded the HGP rights to Bryan Gallego to Portland, but I don't think he ever played in MLS. Was sent to USL for a couple years before exiting the game.

Also, as a reminder we traded away our second round pick to move up and get Epps, so we had to trade away Moreno to get the pick for Buckmaster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Etienne has been given more time than most players in most leagues to win a starting spot.

He didnt. Fair or not it is what it is.

Im still nervous about RW since this Sims guy is still largely unproven. If Muyl cant get over this injury and Sims doesnt hit the ground running then all of a sudden we have a small problem on our hands.

But again, given his inability to consistently lock down the defense while on the field and/or consistently unlock opposing defenses while on the field...well this makes sense.

Best case scenario it all finally clicks for him and we get him back.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Agudelo

Matt Kassel also had some time with Philly and Amando Moreno has seen a few minutes with Chicago this year.
Adam Najem's HGP rights were traded to Philly where he had some time in matches. We traded the HGP rights to Bryan Gallego to Portland, but I don't think he ever played in MLS. Was sent to USL for a couple years before exiting the game.

Also, as a reminder we traded away our second round pick to move up and get Epps, so we had to trade away Moreno to get the pick for Buckmaster.

This is why I love these boards.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
So looks like we just axed DE7 for josh Simms.

If two guys are pretty equal Id rather just keep the academy guy.

Also why the fuck does fcc have an option to buy but we dont die sims??

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

So your assessment is that Sims and DE7 are "pretty equal?"   Seriously?

We don't know if there's an option to buy or not.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

??????

Josh Sims is fringe EPL player.  DE7 is spot starter in MLS.  your equal sign is slanted like the American Dream mall ski slope.

likely not all details have been revealed.  I think all MLS contracts must include buy option. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
The issue I have with the loan is that it does not address a position of need.

DE7 is on a very friendly contract.i believe he makes 80k and could start for at least half of the MLS teams. Each time DE7 played he created problems and had a very productive year. I understand that we had a surplus at wing but I dont understand why you add another winger with an expensive contract.

The Sims signing will be judged on how well DE7 plays. I believe he has the potential to be a star and we may not be able to capitalize on it since cincy has a clause to buy him. Also, if Sims becomes the next Canero it will raise a lot of questions on how rbny IDS talent.

If RBNY was to sell/trade DE7, they should atleast try to fill a position in need like DR. Murillo has been a wreck since the world cup. RBNY should of looked for a trade within MLS. Maybe an overpaid RB like zusi? Who knows. Or maybe sign Dani Alves to play for the next 6 months and teach murillo on how to play the position.

We are in the final stretch and we have not sign a guy that could challenge the rb/lb position. This has been our weakest link and the reason we had a slow start and lost in the playoffs.

Now our faith is on Armas to fix the woes in our backline since Hamlet failed at his one and only task

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

The issue I have with the loan is that it does not address a position of need....

Now our faith is on Armas to fix the woes in our backline since Hamlet failed at his one and only task

Up until very recently, a strong attacking on option on the right was universally considered our biggest need.   

Virtually everyone agreed that Muyl wasn't ideal, and Valot was questionable coming off injury, and not elite anyway.    We lost Adams but still had the best defense in the history of the universe, and Rza was reasonably expected to slot in there as an at least decent backfill.     

Had we made this move pre-season, it would have been very well received.    The fact that Murrillo has fallen off a cliff and Rza has proven not to be a strong #6 doesn't change the fact that we needed an upgrade here.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The issue I have with the loan is that it does not address a position of need.

DE7 is on a very friendly contract.i believe he makes 80k and could start for at least half of the MLS teams. Each time DE7 played he created problems and had a very productive year. I understand that we had a surplus at wing but I dont understand why you add another winger with an expensive contract.

The Sims signing will be judged on how well DE7 plays. I believe he has the potential to be a star and we may not be able to capitalize on it since cincy has a clause to buy him. Also, if Sims becomes the next Canero it will raise a lot of questions on how rbny IDS talent.

If RBNY was to sell/trade DE7, they should atleast try to fill a position in need like DR. Murillo has been a wreck since the world cup. RBNY should of looked for a trade within MLS. Maybe an overpaid RB like zusi? Who knows. Or maybe sign Dani Alves to play for the next 6 months and teach murillo on how to play the position.

We are in the final stretch and we have not sign a guy that could challenge the rb/lb position. This has been our weakest link and the reason we had a slow start and lost in the playoffs.

LOL

Right Winger has been our biggest need for years especially to improve on Offensive because Myul is pretty good at his Defensive winger role. 

This trade will be judged by how DE7 plays? no it will be judged how NYRB does for the next 3 months. 

As problematic as Murillo is we know the guy has MLS All Star potential.  Why bring in someone new for the back line has hardly played together.  

Now our need is a FOCUSED Murillo and an integrated Josh Sims while maintain 3rd place (not easy to due with our run of games coming up)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Up until very recently, a strong attacking on option on the right was universally considered our biggest need.   

Virtually everyone agreed that Muyl wasn't ideal, and Valot was questionable coming off injury, and not elite anyway.    We lost Adams but still had the best defense in the history of the universe, and Rza was reasonably expected to slot in there as an at least decent backfill.     

Had we made this move pre-season, it would have been very well received.    The fact that Murrillo has fallen off a cliff and Rza has proven not to be a strong #6 doesn't change the fact that we needed an upgrade here.

Agree...

I don't know why suddenly some people are running with this idea that we didn't need a RM.  Until you have a clear starter at a position like that, it's a need.  We still don't have a clear starter there and Muyl is not everyone's first choice.  I would probably use Rza there but that's not the clear solution either.

The biggest need was outside back and they signed Buckmaster.  Not what I would have done, but whatever . It was their pick.

Would have signed a 6 as well, but CCJ is pretty damn good when he plays and Armas just needs to play him.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Circumstances change. the end of last season and this season showed we had no RB and a fragile LB.

If lawerence goes down and murillo continues to be murillo then our season is done.

Muyl, DE7, Ivan, and omir are good enough wingers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users