Slow to fast!!!

Holy shit Joel

#33 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

These are the most underrated fans in the world and this is what I hope S8 looks like one day.
We will never be as crazy or insane as S.A. fans or eastern Europe ultras. But we can definitely be as good as this.

Cool tifo.
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

theres tons of more Urawa stuff, all of it is jawdropping.
"Dave Checketts and SCP Worldwide partners Dean Howes, Kenneth Munoz, Michael McCarthy and Chris Bevilacqua, chose Real Salt Lake for the team's name because they desired to associate the team with a successful soccer club, and "Fire" was already taken."

#34 cikinit23

cikinit23

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Ultras

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:14 AM

I couldnt agree more that they are underrated. People don't think Japan would have supporters like that but as soon as they see Urawa they are amazed.

I came across some Urawa stuff probly 5 years ago now and ever since I've always been really really impressed with their supporters. Many Japanese teams actually have really solid support but Urawa is amazing. So many of their songs and chants are so precisely disciplined and they look and sound amazing. I'd love to see us have more of the large flags like they use, especially down along the front of the section.

#35 FIRExNECK

FIRExNECK

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, West Ham

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Urwana supporters a efffing amazing. I want to go to Japan solely to attend a match in their section. And to add to what cikint23 said... They travel in MASSIVE (not like those D bags in cbus) numbers, all across the pacific.

.::ANTIFA CHICAGO::.
.::ULTRAS :: RED :: SIDE::.
.::They call me Jesse White in Canada::.

#36 chileno18

chileno18

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:futbol<br /><br />MY CLUBS:<br />*Chicago Fire <br />*River Plate<br />*Univ. Catolica<br />*Villareal CF
  • Supports:FIRE, River, U.Catolica, CHILE

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

gotta be honest... besides their numbers, they really didnt impress me at all. Maybe it's the video.

as far as those Urawa boys, now THEY got that shit down!

#37 FIRExNECK

FIRExNECK

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

Penarol Supporters, the ballon is mocking their biggest rival, Nacional (Uruguay).
Posted Image
Cruzeiro supporters (Brasil)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

This song has an amazing cadence and melody.

Con el machete en la mano,
La chapa en el corazon,
Sera siempre independiente,
vigilante y boton.
Rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton, rojo boton.

I know what the words mean, but I dunno which are ones you're supposed to change for your team.
I mean, it sounds straightforward to me...but it sounds more like an Independiente song than a Boca one. Maybe they're being sarcastic and singing Independiente their own song, who knows.

I'm seriously wondering why Sam's Army has not taken this song, it fits so perfectly with their name and whole "Don't tread on me" imagery they're going for plus a nice tie in to the Monroe doctrine and manifest destiny. With the machete in hand/with the badge in the heart/Forever independent, vigilant and boton (which means either cop or snitch in argentine slang)/ Rojo Boton.

Wait, I know why....because it's totally out of their league, they're too busy splintering and arguing about ticketing to worry about new songs. :ph34r:

Maybe we cant do it!
S8 is better than Sam's Army, right guys? right?
It's only 2 lines longer than "vamos la maquina roja"

Being bilingual, I underestimate how hard some of these chants are to non-speakers sometimes.
Well at least Sector Latino could do it, haha.
"Dave Checketts and SCP Worldwide partners Dean Howes, Kenneth Munoz, Michael McCarthy and Chris Bevilacqua, chose Real Salt Lake for the team's name because they desired to associate the team with a successful soccer club, and "Fire" was already taken."

#39 Eiki

Eiki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

Being bilingual, I underestimate how hard some of these chants are to non-speakers sometimes.
Well at least Sector Latino could do it, haha.

yeah, just to give my own personal experience, i would consider myself to know spanish better than some of my friends who took it for four years in high school (and that's still minimal, at best) and i remember having to ask the guy next to me at a game to repeat the words to "vamos" to me 3 or 4 times before i got it. "vamos la maquina roja" is easy enough, but for a non-speaker like me, the second part was a total blank for me.

i still think that chants in spanish or bilingual chants are rad though. it just takes a bit of extra effort for those who don't know spanish.

#40 FireFanInPackerLand

FireFanInPackerLand

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Supports:MU rah rah, Fire, Celtic, USMNT

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

I'm seriously wondering why Sam's Army has not taken this song, it fits so perfectly with their name and whole "Don't tread on me" imagery they're going for plus a nice tie in to the Monroe doctrine and manifest destiny. With the machete in hand/with the badge in the heart/Forever independent, vigilant and boton (which means either cop or snitch in argentine slang)/ Rojo Boton.

Wait, I know why....because it's totally out of their league, they're too busy splintering and arguing about ticketing to worry about new songs. :ph34r:

Maybe we cant do it!
S8 is better than Sam's Army, right guys? right?
It's only 2 lines longer than "vamos la maquina roja"

Sam's Army is a fucking joke. I stood with them for the USA-Canada Gold Cup semifinal last year and I will never stand with them again. Biggest bunch of pretty much just racist, wanna-be-English-hoolie-wankers I've ever been in the company of. They spent more time heckling the Canadians and Mexicans waiting for the other semifinal than supporting USA, and they weren't even very good at it.

You remember that guy who sat in the front row at your high school's basketball games and heckled the refs the whole game regardless of whether it was a shitty call or not? It's a whole section of those guys. Well, section's being generous. It was maybe 12 rows tops with zero noise. One guy starts a song that only he knows, it doesn't get legs, but he keeps doing it hoping it will. I'd rather sit than stand with Sam's Army again. Honest to God, they're worse than Columbus supporters. Columbus supporters may share some similar personality and demogrpahic traits with Sam's Army, but at least they can bring the noise occasionally without relying on "U-S-A! U-S-A!" and would rather get behind their own team than just against the other team.

#41 FIRExNECK

FIRExNECK

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

Olympique de Marseille

#42 kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Supports:Hawks/Fire/Sox

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:12 AM

http://auswaertssieg...aus-leverkusen/

mmmmm

Posted Image
Schalke 04 @ Bayer Leverkusen

Posted Image
Schalke 04 @ Hoffenheim

Posted Image
UEFA Cup: Schalke 04 @ FC Twente Enchede (Dutch league)

http://auswaertssieg...2008/12/page/2/

Lots of pictures on that blog (called "auswaertssieg" or "away win").. you feel a gameday experience from the photos. Packed house, concessions, away supporters' section, etc.. the stadiums are certainly something that MLS should be looking to have, other than what's been built so far.

#43 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

Actually, I think MLS does have a relationship with the Bundesliga and they have visited their stadiums. MLS stadiums sure look more German than English, in their design.

I guess they're not total idiots like some people make them out to be. But the fans make the difference, not the architecture. :angry:

#44 Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Anderlecht

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

I would have like more mls stadiums to have steeper and more compact seating. MLS stadiums need to ditch the concourses, and need to build a single stand by the goal ends. This way you get a better view, more noise, and less people walking around worrying about food instead of watching the game.

#45 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

I would have like more mls stadiums to have steeper and more compact seating. MLS stadiums need to ditch the concourses, and need to build a single stand by the goal ends. This way you get a better view, more noise, and less people walking around worrying about food instead of watching the game.

Yeah, the Fire definitely put something like this on the stage end one day.

Posted Image

Although on a good day, that stand holds more than all of Toyota Park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users