117 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Maybe his salary demands are too high. He is damaged goods and on the wrong side of 30. If he wants to play in MLS, he may have to take a big slice of humble pie and sign a SWP like contract to be a warm body on the bench. He seems too stubborn for it though.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Bob Bradley was the usmnt coach when that celebration occurred (2009).

From Wikipedia:

"In 2009 Bradley led the U.S. team to an unlikely second-place finish in the 2009 Confederations Cup, including a 2–0 semi-final victory over European champions Spain, ending the Spaniards' 35-game unbeaten streak and 15-game winning streak. In the final, Bradley's U.S. team opened up a 2–0 lead on Brazil before losing 3–2. With the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup taking place immediately following the Confederations Cup, Bradley selected a largely second-tier squad, which advanced to the final before losing 5–0 to Mexico. With a 3–2 away win against Honduras on October 10, the team secured qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup."

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

With regards to Rossi's goal celebration vs the usmnt, a very disrespectful gesture to the country of his birth, I am also reminded of another disrespectful NJ born <expletive>. Remember Alecko Eskandarian spitting out the Red Bull drink after scoring against us?  He never got a job in MLS after retiring. Worked for the Cosmos the last I heard.  Rossi and Eskandarian are the same ilk.

https://www.mlssocce...-bull-spit-take

https://www.youtube....h?v=fTHPr3WlQws

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Fuck both of them. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The dumped Giuseppe already
https://www.reddit.c...t_training_any/

Two Rossis is one too many.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Hindsight is 20/20, but with Kaku having all but vanished for the past nine months, does anyone think perhaps we should've taken a flyer on Giuseppe Rossi and played him behind BWP on the field?  That's assuming he would've signed for very cheap.  I can't see him contributing less offensively than Kaku or Rza, and given his Villareal and Fiorentina experience, I would not be surprised to see him having success in MLS now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

should've taken a flyer on Giuseppe Rossi

Anything stopping us now?
Is Rossi a free agent? No transfer tights?
Or, must he travel through an MLS process?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

In this season where the offense has been putrid, it's hard to say he could've been worse than what we've done so far.  For a reasonable outlay, he would have been worth a look, and still could be.

I could literally not care any less about all the 'traitor' nonsense. 

'Hey 16-18 year old soccer playing kid who plays for a top 4 team in one of the best leagues in the world:  Do you want to join the World Cup holders in the national team of the soccer-mad country you've been living in for the past 5 years, or move back to the country of your birth to toil in relatively obscurity for a national team who considers it a great success to survive the group stage in a place where it's at best the 5th most popular sport?'

I would have made the same call as him in that situation. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

In this season where the offense has been putrid, it's hard to say he could've been worse than what we've done so far.  For a reasonable outlay, he would have been worth a look, and still could be.

I could literally not care any less about all the 'traitor' nonsense. 

'Hey 16-18 year old soccer playing kid who plays for a top 4 team in one of the best leagues in the world:  Do you want to join the World Cup holders in the national team of the soccer-mad country you've been living in for the past 5 years, or move back to the country of your birth to toil in relatively obscurity for a national team who considers it a great success to survive the group stage in a place where it's at best the 5th most popular sport?'

I would have made the same call as him in that situation. 

To be fair, he wasnt living in Italy. He was not being considered for italy's main team at the time. At that age, he could of started for USA team that did okay in that world cup. Could have we gotten deeper? Who knows? But it would have been nice to see Landon donovan to play with someone that is as technically talented as him

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Jizzep Rossi instead of Robbie Finley up top in 2010?  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Jizzep Rossi instead of Robbie Finley up top in 2010?  

Fk that. I just wish Davies stayed home that night in DC

5 year plan

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Too bad we cannot trade Kaku for Rossi. Kaku is young and has a great future but doesn't want to play for us, Rossi is old and over-the-hill and wants to play for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users