Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Get it done!

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,959 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

From DaFish:

https://twitter.com/...831527044341762

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
Celtic fans are treating this as a done deal. Waiting to see something from a credible source, but IF this ends up happening, does this change perceptions of the off-season much?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Celtic fans are treating this as a done deal. Waiting to see something from a credible source, but IF this ends up happening, does this change perceptions of the off-season much?

Was literally just about to post about this. The fine folks in the know? at Kerrydale Street said its a done deal, and that Celtic made a profit on the transfer. Guess well see.

Some speculation that he didnt cost Celtic $4-5 million and a lot of that was add ons

https://kerrydalestr...6629-s1520.html

Hed surely have to be a DP or U22 player if it comes to fruition

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,959 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Ok, sounds good that this the transaction is progressing, does this mean the attacker at Norrkoping is no longer being looked at? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I feel the same - basically they blew up the roster and rebuilt, but that more higher priced talent will be needed to supplement in the summer. However, I feel like its much more likely than before that with higher priced summer additions, the team could make a run.   

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Was literally just about to post about this. The fine folks in the know? at Kerrydale Street said its a done deal, and that Celtic made a profit on the transfer. Guess well see.

Some speculation that he didnt cost Celtic $4-5 million and a lot of that was add ons

https://kerrydalestr...6629-s1520.html

Hed surely have to be a DP or U22 player if it comes to fruition

funniest thing on their forum is someone said "MLS are a lot more open about their financial dealings." about this.  lol i dont even think we've ever disclosed a fee we paid for a player from an outside league.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Ok, sounds good that this the transaction is progressing, does this mean the attacker at Norrkoping is no longer being looked at? 

I feel the same - basically they blew up the roster and rebuilt, but that more higher priced talent will be needed to supplement in the summer. However, I feel like its much more likely than before that with higher priced summer additions, the team could make a run.   

Yeah hopefully Haksabonovic (or equivalent) is still in the plans. That level of player would make it an A- off-season for me. If Polish Paddy (stolen nickname from Celtic boards) comes to fruition, I'd rate it B+...but I'm optimistic like that.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Of course, if not just to show that the club is committed to begin actually spending on the roster again.

I would still love to see them spend on someone who has done more to prove himself at a level equal to or better than MLS, but I accept that's so far outside the Red Bulls mold that spending on legitimate young prospects is the next best thing.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

IF this ends up happening, does this change perceptions of the off-season much?

Nope.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Nope.

It would for me. Not saying it wouldn't make the offseason amazing. Still need to improve the roster. But this would be our biggest signing of the window and give us a clear #1 option at striker, no?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

It would for me. Not saying it wouldn't make the offseason amazing. Still need to improve the roster. But this would be our biggest signing of the window and give us a clear #1 option at striker, no?

I only have one metric:

Did this off season make us a contender for MLS Cup?

Even with this potential signing its a no for me.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

I only have one metric:

Did this off season make us a contender for MLS Cup?

Even with this potential signing its a no for me.

No way of knowing that. Unless youve watched a lot of Fabio/Harper/Etc. We really dont know what we have here. Add this guy and we have a pretty new collection of talent with a new coach. Wont know if what we have is any good until we start playing the games

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

I would still love to see them spend on someone who has done more to prove himself at a level equal to or better than MLS, but I accept that's so far outside the Red Bulls mold that spending on legitimate young prospects is the next best thing.

This is where I'm at.

They are not going to go out and buy whoever won the Golden Boot in Liga MX or wherever else. They not going to sign someone (significant) who's already peaked at their value, or someone who they deem is overvalued.

I'm choosing to accept this team for what it is and at this point I just want it to be the best version of itself. I think they're moving in the right direction. Feel like this could be a competitive group.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

If Barlow/White go from 1st/2nd/3rd choice at striker to 4th or 5th...that's definitely progress to me.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users