122 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Boyd to Huddersfield fell through - still on the market. 

Guess maybe there's a too big of a gulf between what he thinks he's worth and what teams are willing to pay?

https://twitter.com/...825606375579648

In Matt Doyle's article on the Dax trade, he states he thinks there's still a chance Boyd lands with RBNY.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
I'd much rather us spend a little extra at CB or RB but depth at ST is needed.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,112 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We should really be able to spend on all three positions by now with all the money, real and imaginary, that we've racked up.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Grella and Veron can both play striker and injury me could argue they've been played out of position ever since they arrived. Allen deserves a shot too.

The one thing I think we could use on offense is a McBride/Ching type striker. When teams park the bus in big games it would be nice to throw a guy in there who is gonna absolutely abuse opposition CBs in the air.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Grella and Veron can both play striker and injury me could argue they've been played out of position ever since they arrived. Allen deserves a shot too.

The one thing I think we could use on offense is a McBride/Ching type striker. When teams park the bus in big games it would be nice to throw a guy in there who is gonna absolutely abuse opposition CBs in the air.

I would say Boyd is more in the McBride/Ching mold than anyone we have.  He is big and strong and good a heading the ball.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

More fake news, perhaps? :lol: https://twitter.com/...825606375579648

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

I guess we've also abandoned any plans for Abang. No idea if we're gonna plan on making any transfer or keep him out on loan. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I guess we've also abandoned any plans for Abang. No idea if we're gonna plan on making any transfer or keep him out on loan. 

He didn't make the Cameronn squad for Africa Cup of Nations after getting a decent number of caps this year. He looked really promising in 2015, hopefully that's not it for him.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot Abang existed for the past few weeks.  Up to 10 appearances now in the Danish 2nd division.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,196 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

especially now that we traded our biggest aerial threat to Chicago 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

PaintThisCityRed

PaintThisCityRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Supports:MLS, USA

aaand Boyd signs Bundesliga team https://twitter.com/...889569397559296

Fuck the right wing.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
thread closing in 3...2....1....

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

dude signs with a Bundesliga team but people earlier in this thread wanted to get him for under $200k/yr.  lol.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

dude signs with a Bundesliga team but people earlier in this thread wanted to get him for under $200k/yr.  lol.

He definitely wasn't coming for $200k, but he also probably won't be receiving Bundesliga wages for long. Darmstadt is dead last and 7 points from safety. They're only 4 points from 16th and the relegation playoff though.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

He definitely wasn't coming for $200k, but he also probably won't be receiving Bundesliga wages for long. Darmstadt is dead last and 7 points from safety. They're only 4 points from 16th and the relegation playoff though.

Hopefully he relegates his way over to NY yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users