1556 replies to this topic

Red Bull Metro NY

Red Bull Metro NY

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Supports:USA, Magyarország, New York

From what I was told, there are 2 Bull Shops, The larger one inside the stadium on the 100 level, and the smaller one that will be accessible from street level. The street level shop is supposed to be open during Box Office hours. I know the Stadium Bull Shop on the 100 level will have the capability to customize jerseys...not sure about the street level store though...

Thanks for the info guys...ran into some of Stover's "Red Bull Philosophy" today. Checked the hours: 1pm to 6pm, but when I showed up after 5pm door locked and 2 philosophical Red Bull employees chillin' inside(with "we're open" sign in window) refused to let me in. Took a stroll around stadium and neighborhood, came back to car and last look in window at what's for sale and these two hard working Red Bull employees decided it was close enough to 6 pm to punch out and strolled out laughing at me. Hey Stover, I will NOT buy any Red Bull gear at your Arena, ever. onionbag.com it is. I'll give him philosophy...puhlease!
My team is sh!t, but they're my team.

Ralph

Ralph

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Supports:FORZA METRO / LIVERPOOL FC

Thanks for the info guys...ran into some of Stover's "Red Bull Philosophy" today. Checked the hours: 1pm to 6pm, but when I showed up after 5pm door locked and 2 philosophical Red Bull employees chillin' inside(with "we're open" sign in window) refused to let me in. Took a stroll around stadium and neighborhood, came back to car and last look in window at what's for sale and these two hard working Red Bull employees decided it was close enough to 6 pm to punch out and strolled out laughing at me. Hey Stover, I will NOT buy any Red Bull gear at your Arena, ever. onionbag.com it is. I'll give him philosophy...puhlease!

Damn, if thats true, I hope the security really is properly trained.
Ole, Ole
Ole, Ole
FORZA METRO
Ole, Ole

Thats my favorite song

Red Bull Metro NY

Red Bull Metro NY

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Supports:USA, Magyarország, New York

Damn, if thats true, I hope the security really is properly trained.

Yup, they went so far as to tell me "yes, they are open box office hours." and meanwhile the box office was open on the outside of building right next to it selling tix to a guy who seemed to have a million questions. Hey, I'm not a RB hater, just really disappointed in the RB philosophy as espoused(sp) by Stover in his most recent interviews about the hiring at RBA. oh well, I'm just an old guy. Maybe not part of their demographic. See you Saturday. Gotta get my loyalty points. :pint:
My team is sh!t, but they're my team.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,345 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

just really disappointed in the RB philosophy as espoused(sp) by Stover in his most recent interviews about the hiring at RBA.

Huh? His philosophy was to hire slackers?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea

You should call the club and tell them about the incident. The only thing I've heard from Stover is how they want to make this a great fan experience, but this is clearly not in keeping with that promise.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

jjtbone

jjtbone

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!
Nick Sakiewicz is proud of his role in creating RBA. Call me crazy but I am 60 to 90 days from being impressed.

http://bigapplesocce...rticle_id=22943

I do not want to jinx it but we are about a day from the opening of RBA and I guess the demise of this thread. I still remember all those pictures that the K-man would post on his site. Lakaix15, thanks for keeping the faith and this is your time to take a bow.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT
I may have started coming around after the N.S. tenure, but what the fuck? He's PROUD? Fuck him, he left, it was Red Bull that got this stadium done, and did it properly, minus a concert stage, and made this the Cathedral of Soccer. N.S. is possibly the most egotistical douchebag I've seen quoted on metrofanatic (in at least the last hour)

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

SmittyNNJ

SmittyNNJ

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

I may have started coming around after the N.S. tenure, but what the fuck? He's PROUD? Fuck him, he left, it was Red Bull that got this stadium done, and did it properly, minus a concert stage, and made this the Cathedral of Soccer. N.S. is possibly the most egotistical douchebag I've seen quoted on metrofanatic (in at least the last hour)

hilarious and yet so true

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

If Sakiewicz was still here, we would still be 60-90 days away from this POS:

Posted Image

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If Sakiewicz was still here, we would still be 60-90 days away from this POS:

Posted Image

You know, if it meant having that stadium 5 years ago under the Metro name I'd still take it.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT

Posted Image

And to think the first time I saw that photo I almost wet myself!

God I Love RBA
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

YouSuckCorrales

YouSuckCorrales

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

And to think the first time I saw that photo I almost wet myself!

God I Love RBA

Yeah that photo is like the hot chick in high school who you see a few years later at a reunion and she has become a total pig. You're like thank God I didn't marry her.

And yeah have to agree with Jenvenvoo. Sack is a total douche. Look, I don't know how much he had to do with getting a deal done with Harrison and the state. Probably a good deal. Fine. But seriously, until RB took over from AEG and brought in their people the above photo was what we were going to be stuck with.

And also Nicky. You may be proud of your little dump in Chester. But I wouldn't be too proud. Been through Chester a few times on Amtrak. The place looks like a suburban version of the South Bronx; in the LATE 70's! They could have filmed episodes of The Wire there hahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users