114 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
How has anyone that saw Jorgensen play at the USL level last year feel that he is an upgrade to White or Barlow? By the end of last season, Elney and Sowe were starting over Jorgensen who missed sitter after sitter. The fact that he scored a few goals should come as no surprise to those who saw the USL wingers in Stroud and Epps play ball after ball into the box for him. Amando Moreno had more goals+assists in less time played than Jorgensen, in a year with less chances. The guy is one of worst (if not THe worst) signings in club history.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

winning games isn't the objective, just scoring a goal is.

FTFY

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

How has anyone that saw Jorgensen play at the USL level last year feel that he is an upgrade to White or Barlow?

I would have cut him already.

rob5412

rob5412

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls ,Red Bulls2

How has anyone that saw Jorgensen play at the USL level last year feel that he is an upgrade to White or Barlow? By the end of last season, Elney and Sowe were starting over Jorgensen who missed sitter after sitter. The fact that he scored a few goals should come as no surprise to those who saw the USL wingers in Stroud and Epps play ball after ball into the box for him. Amando Moreno had more goals+assists in less time played than Jorgensen, in a year with less chances. The guy is one of worst (if not THe worst) signings in club history.

Definitely not at White or Barlow level

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Tetteh
Royer-Kaku-Mines
CCJ-Yearwood
Pendant(Egbo)-Parker-Long-Duncan(Egbo)
Meara

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I would have cut him already.

Think anyone in Europe would take cough up at least a few hundred thousand at this point?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Tetteh
Royer-Kaku-Mines
CCJ-Yearwood
Pendant(Egbo)-Parker-Long-Duncan(Egbo)
Meara

please this 

please

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I didnt think Casseres looked too great after his USL season and while he is flawed he looked better in MLS than i thought his USL play would translate.  With young guys when they grow into their bodies and mature sometimes things click randomly.  I'll take the 3% chance it works better over knowing Barlow sucks.

That said wouldn't shed a tear if he was gone lol.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Looking like a 1-0 game
Like 1 shot not on goal for NYRB to 0 shots for DC
😴

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

please this 

please

Yeah...give me Tetteh and Yearwood in the lineup...we need something different to watch

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Unleash the Tetteh !!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Pretty sure the issue is that a lot of people don't actually watch USL, and when you look at Jorgensen's wikipedia page, it says 11 goals in 22 appearances which sounds great.  It doesn't say that an MLS level striker would have scored 20+ with the chances he was given.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Pretty sure the issue is that a lot of people don't actually watch USL, and when you look at Jorgensen's wikipedia page, it says 11 goals in 22 appearances which sounds great.  It doesn't say that an MLS level striker would have scored 20+ with the chances he was given.

And because of the gap between MLS and USL, even scoring that many (20+) really doesn't mean much. The USL leading goalscorer list isn't exactly peppered with stars:

2019: Solomon Asante, still at Phoenix
2018: Cameron Lancaster, still at Louisville (but on loan from Nashville now)
2017: Dane Kelly, still in USL
2016: Sean Okoli, went to NYC, Sweden (3rd tier), Norway (2nd tier), Austria (3rd tier), sucked at all of them, back in USL
2015: Matthew Fondy, now in NISA after spending the last two years in amateur soccer

So the fact that Jorgensen only scored every other game while this list of scrubs was scoring way more often doesn't speak at all well about Jorgensen's ability.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

DC has 4 players out, 1 questionable.

We have Davis out, Rza questionable. 

We can't drop points. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

DC has 4 players out, 1 questionable.

We have Davis out, Rza questionable. 

We can't drop points. 

Yes but 97 minute goal........

oh Unleash The Tetteh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users