181 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'm pretty optimistic. I think we just have to find ourselves a bit and be sharper. Jesse is a very very smart coach who tries things and doesn't stick to them stubbornly (like AV the Rangers for example). I think he recognizes the weaknesses of the team from last year and in the playoffs, and is working towards resolving those. I am really comfortable with a deep midfield of Felipe and Davis/Adams. We saw last year that even with an average Dax or a Davis, we could win. 

Having said that, I want a CB who can distribute from the back, and isn't made of glass. I think Long has been decent but is finding his game. Colin and Perinelle just haven't been that good.  That's really my main concern to be honest, finding Long a reliable partner. Our fullbacks haven't been great, but unlike last year, have been pretty ok. Kemar has been better than last year. Zizzo amazingly has been fine, etc. We have that young Murillo kid as well. Lets see. 

Essentially agree.  This season in my head though basically comes down to whether Royer/Gulbrandsen/Veron/ANYONE can become a reliable secondary playmaker or scorer for the team and if Long continues to grow this season into the distributing CB that we need for our system.  I think there is a chance those things both happen.  And if they don't the team has the summer to remedy it, or watch our season end before December again.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Essentially agree.  This season in my head though basically comes down to whether Royer/Gulbrandsen/Veron/ANYONE can become a reliable secondary playmaker or scorer for the team and if Long continues to grow this season into the distributing CB that we need for our system.  I think there is a chance those things both happen.  And if they don't the team has the summer to remedy it, or watch our season end before December again.  

look at this crazy reasonable talk!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users