120 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No.  They can't play Kaku.  He's still not match fit and doesn't know the system.   Ugggggggh

Unless there is an injury issue or something behind the scenes Marsch has no excuse not to start him.

He only played 30 minutes. Other guys empties the tank. Starting some of them a few days later is asking for an injury.

Most importantly...its still early in the MLS season and the only thing thats going to get Kaku up to speed is playing as much as possible every week. I understanding being cautious from the onset given the layoff he had and lack of preseason. But its time. Hes ready to go and we need him fully integrated by this summer so we can focus on Cup runs.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Muyl is back this weekend so its very likely Kaku gets benched in favor of him.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm going on record that Kaku will start.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

of course he will, we'll be resting some starters from Tuesday. He's the B team engine. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts

of course he will, we'll be resting some starters from Tuesday. He's the B team engine. 

That's also been art of the challenge, getting him synched up with the A team calendar.   It'll happen.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

That's also been art of the challenge, getting him synched up with the A team calendar.   It'll happen.

There was no game between the Chivas matches, he should have been synced up with the A Squad by the second leg. He also didnt want have to play in the Orlando game if Marsch wanted him rested and ready for CCL.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts

There was no game between the Chivas matches, he should have been synced up with the A Squad by the second leg. He also didnt want have to play in the Orlando game if Marsch wanted him rested and ready for CCL.

I was referring more to how little game time he had previously with the A team

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I was referring more to how little game time he had previously with the A team

Fair enough.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
If (and this is a gigantic IF) Jesse plans to give Kaku the Veron treatment he absolutely deserves to be fired. There is no excuse whatsoever for him not to be starting. None.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If ... Jesse plans to give Kaku the Veron treatment ...

Surely, Jesse wanted both players, but to what degree does he control acquisitions? Presumably, he has more say now, than in 2015.
Why spend an enormous amount (by our, or even MLS standards), on a player, then underuse him?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:redbulls

Jesse.....

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

I'm still pissed off from these hacks defeating us two years ago in the playoffs and in the CCL. Mess them up. 

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I'm still pissed off from these hacks defeating us two years ago in the playoffs and in the CCL. Mess them up. 

Experiencing the 2nd leg at home for that series and the one against Columbus is what essentially made me feel numb on Tuesday night at RBA 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

At least the team came out to play on Tuesday. It wasn't a flat performance by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes the ball just doesn't find the net... unfortunately that seems to be more often than not in big games for this team. 

How Jesse handles squad rotation for a 1 PM Saturday game off the midweek loss will be interesting.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Expecting a B team with kaku, rza, muyl, which is a shame because it is time to take MLS seriously and get working on chemistry between the best XI, whatever that means in Marsch's eyes.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users