• Please log in to reply
1245 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Saw an article that Marco, the guy that sits in 107 has it?

Damn.

https://elitesportsn...id-19-symptoms/

wow best wishes for speedy recovery!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Where is a good place to find full game replays?

Bored...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Hmm ...
https://www.bbc.com/...rmula1/52091905

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Hope everyone is staying home and watching old highlights of some good footie matches.....

I don't see this slowing down till mid summer... Every area will be different u think June for the part of Florida every day in the ER I work at we're getting 10 severe new cases and up to possibly 40 new mild cases a day.. So hopefully hot weather will help.. but NYC might still be reeling till late August....

I don't see the season starting back up this year...

Unless they start up late August to empty stadiums and try to cram 15 - 18 games in 3 months which then to me playoffs make sense... I have never liked playoffs but that's another thread....

Stay safe and stay home
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Seeing a scroll on the ESPN2 ticker that MLS still intends to play a full 34 game season by adding more midweek games and pushing playoffs back

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

MLS still intends to play a full 34 game season by adding more midweek games

If the season does not start until June, would it run 5 months, through October?
22 weeks means 12 mid-week matches.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Seeing a scroll on the ESPN2 ticker that MLS still intends to play a full 34 game season by adding more midweek games and pushing playoffs back

Pushing it back wouldn't be the worst thing.  Really hope we get 34 in there.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Would be nice, and they do have more leeway than Euro leagues due to the longer off-season.

Still depends on games restarting in June/July which may or may not happen. Would also need to incorporate international dates somehow and account for weather with games going into November/December.

I'd say a 25-game season (one game vs every team) is more realistic, but we'll see.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hope everyone is staying home and watching old highlights of some good footie matches.....

I don't see this slowing down till mid summer... Every area will be different u think June for the part of Florida every day in the ER I work at we're getting 10 severe new cases and up to possibly 40 new mild cases a day.. So hopefully hot weather will help.. but NYC might still be reeling till late August....

I don't see the season starting back up this year...

Unless they start up late August to empty stadiums and try to cram 15 - 18 games in 3 months which then to me playoffs make sense... I have never liked playoffs but that's another thread....

Stay safe and stay home

Be safe, Milo. my Mom's a retired RN, so heart goes out to you and other medical industry employees that are the true front lines in this fucking awful time. Cuidate, primo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=T0gvj1ddA8c

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I wonder what start date theyre anticipating.

Im hearing a possible tiered relaxation of quarantine in May with bars and restaurants not open until June 1 for areas that were hit first. So for wherever this thing blows up around the rest of the country it could be longer.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Would be nice, and they do have more leeway than Euro leagues due to the longer off-season.

Still depends on games restarting in June/July which may or may not happen. Would also need to incorporate international dates somehow and account for weather with games going into November/December.

I'd say a 25-game season (one game vs every team) is more realistic, but we'll see.

I'd rather see a full (as possible) regular season and either no playoffs or a shortened one. Maybe just four teams.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

full ... regular season and ... playoffs ... shortened

I would not be surprised to see playoffs expanded!
16 teams, single elimination, 4 weekends.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I wonder what start date theyre anticipating.

Im hearing a possible tiered relaxation of quarantine in May with bars and restaurants not open until June 1 for areas that were hit first. So for wherever this thing blows up around the rest of the country it could be longer.

I'm most curious to see if they'll just eat a bunch of gameday revenue and start playing some behind closed doors. Almost seems like they'll have to unless they plan on playing every other day.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'd rather see a full (as possible) regular season and either no playoffs or a shortened one. Maybe just four teams.

Ideally, sure, but I'm assuming the league will be pressed for time. Cutting 9 regular season gamedays helps a lot more than cutting 2 playoff dates with 4-8 matches in each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users