1063 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Chris Armas is not getting fired this year. There are 4 games left, he is finishing the season. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am not particularly married to Chris Armas, but anyone who thinks firing him comes even remotely close to fixing the brunt of this team's issues is delusional. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I think we underrate what Jesse March did.

Took a squad that had the lowest payroll in the league and led them to the best season in MLS history. Just think about that. We didn't have the most talented team but he got the best out of everybody. 

That being said I don't think Chris is a good coach and I think we should move on.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

At the end of the day if we're going to have the second smallest payroll in the league we have no hope.

Were folks singing that tune last year when we finished with the best record in league history?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I am not particularly married to Chris Armas, but anyone who thinks firing him comes even remotely close to fixing the brunt of this team's issues is delusional. 

Its a combination of the coach and management for sure. 

Lowest payroll in the league, no replacement for Tyler Adams, an aging out of form BWP, using our 3rd DP spot on a guy who has like 5 games to intergrate himself into a new squad.....these things are not his fault.

The defense (that was amazing last season) looking like shambles, change in identity/not pressing, consistently playing Lade/Buckmaster, sitting Kemar Lawrence for the sake of "continuity", not playing CCJ consistently, other things that I can't remember off the top of my head right now...these things are his fault

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Were folks singing that tune last year when we finished with the best record in league history?

Sure, just need to find another coach good enough to go to a European league and have his team obliterating records in said league. Simple.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Yes. Cause we needed an outside back and another attacking piece to guarantee an MLS cup win and we got neither in that transfer window.

The team is fucking cheap. Like REALLY cheap. Despite that we had a fantastic team last year. All they had to do was add 2 players. Wouldnt have had to drop 20 mil. Just a little more to put us over the top.

We got fucking Ivan.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Yes. Cause we needed an outside back and another attacking piece to guarantee an MLS cup win and we got neither in that transfer window.

The team is fucking cheap. Like REALLY cheap. Despite that we had a fantastic team last year. All they had to do was add 2 players. Wouldnt have had to drop 20 mil. Just a little more to put us over the top.

We got fucking Ivan.

Dont confuse cheap with stupidity.

Bernie was very generous giving a 4th Division player $300K to train with us.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Yes. Cause we needed an outside back and another attacking piece to guarantee an MLS cup win and we got neither in that transfer window....

Nothing would guarantee us that.   6 off the charts DP's wouldn't guarantee us that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Dont confuse cheap with stupidity.

Im not. I think theyre both.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Actually I keep forgetting that we DID spend money this year.  A team coming off a shield, in WIN NOW mode, spends most of their transfer money on a $2M striker prospect who cant even get minutes when BWP AND BRIAN WHITE get injured. Talk about a horrible use of money.....

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SO IT LOUDER FOR THE PPL IN THE BACK WHO STILL DON'T WANNA LISTEN. 

Catastrophic on all fronts. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

After the Seattle loss, I'm already looking forward to the house cleaning and thinking of new candidates to be the new coach. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I wonder how much of that is no White, could try Barlow instead of running a severely hindered BWP out there

a lot of it imo.  we have no focal point to hold up the ball and be a pest making hard runs at defenders.  White arguably has been our best field player all season (highest Goals/assist per 90 minute on team) when you factor in Kaku's start of the year.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

After the Seattle loss, I'm already looking forward to the house cleaning and thinking of new candidates to be the new coach. 

The loss at home to Colorado is when he should have been fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users