Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Ah.

Well now it makes sense why Ham Sandwich said he was looking for a left back.

The guy is a much better player than Parker. So do what you will based on that.

Loved how immediately after losing to Philly our beloved Hammy said we had the green light to spend....then turned right around a few days ago and said he has to take his proposals to Papa Red Bull...then said he doesnt want to give Taxi a raise.

Fuck this organization.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I think the clear implication is that the lack of spending and refusal to give Taxi a raise is a RBG directive. Hamlett isn't not spending money out of his respect for the Red Bull corporate balance sheet, he isn't spending money because Red Bull has not given him any money.  I thought Hamlett's comments about going to his bosses and making the case for any signing was very telling.  Hamlett is trying to send a clear message that his hands are tied when it comes to the check book. Obviously Hamlett and Armas do not want to lose Kemar, unfortunately for them, they do not have the power necessary to give him what he wants. 

Hamlett may or may not be a good sporting director, but I do not think any sporting director would be able to do very much facing the same constraints.  

If this is the case (and I'd certainly bet that way) than for the good of the league Garber has to do everything in his power to force them to sell. This shit is barely tolerable in Bumblefuck markets let alone the largest market in the US.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

If this is the case (and I'd certainly bet that way) than for the good of the league Garber has to do everything in his power to force them to sell. This shit is barely tolerable in Bumblefuck markets let alone the largest market in the US.

The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If Garber took that position, he would spend all his time forcing half the owners in the league to sell their teams. He has no power to force them to sell for being cheap, as the other cheap owners would never get behind it.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Interesting how he wants a "trade" and not to be sold to Europe. Sounds like he just wants more $$$ which I do not blame him for what so ever. Thing is though if he does get traded he'll have the same contract, and have to wait just as long to get more cash as he would here. So, basically, if I'm reading this correctly, he just wants the fuck outta RBNY which I don't really blame him for at this point. Especially if he lands in LA or something.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,062 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://sbisoccer.co...ls-to-trade-him

The article notes that Ike Opara forced his way out of KC, won Defender Of The Year at Minny and then got a big new contract.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

At this rate we might actually miss the playoffs, ugh.

I'd rather this than hovering around mediocrity. A season like the last one was JUST good enough to offer management an out. A lot harder to justify the planning and lack of spending if they just straight up shit the bed.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think any team that trades for him knows that they will have to give him a new contract or they will have a very unhappy player. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,062 posts

any team that trades for him ... will have to give him a new contract or they will have a very unhappy player. 

Opara got his new contract a year after his trade:
https://www.google.c...ng-kc-trade-mls

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Hasn't Lawrence been pegged for years to make the jump to Europe but never has? Something is going on with this guy and where he wants to be. I thought he would have left a year ago at least.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,062 posts

Hasn't Lawrence been pegged for years to make the jump to Europe but never has? Something is going on

How did you miss all the work permit comments?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
He's the best left back in concacaf and gets paid a pittance. Give him a tam deal

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

How did you miss all the work permit comments?

I didn't.

I thought he would have had the permit situation sorted out by now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,062 posts

I didn't.

Then, your comment makes no sense.

I thought he would have had the permit situation sorted out by now.

He would have to be transferred first. No club in England is applying for a work permit, for a player whom they have not made a deal to acquire. Jamaica just rose high enough for him to even be considered.
If you read the other comments, you should know this.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Pay him or sell to England (do not trade).  He is top 5 LB and great competitor.  Pay him TAM deal - worth it especially for LB which are not easy to find let alone at his quality.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users