TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

Sir, yes, sir!

Posted Image

As much as I think they had great fashion sense, leave the NAZI histrionics out of this. Look, this is a great song and I have faith that there's enough people in this group that actually want to be a crazy alternative type supporter's group for our team. I know... lofty ambition, yeah?

Let's sing the song like it was written and that includes the whole chorus! We can do this because we have accomplished harder things before and I'm not gonna sell LARS off short.

As I said before, I need at least 20 people to learn it right, then we help our brothers and sisters. Isaac, I need you in this as well.

For FUXAKE, this is not rocket science. Nor is it NAZI rocket science!

tm

#47 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

I kid, Tommy, I kid. We'll work on the damned chant, don't worry.

#48 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

As I said before, I need at least 20 people to learn it right, then we help our brothers and sisters. Isaac, I need you in this as well.

I know it. Lord knows I heard it plenty of times at Kings' games.

#49 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:SOCCER AND BEER! Aside from that... avid hockey fan, some basketball, and mixed martial arts.
  • Supports:LA GALAXY/Newcastle United/AC Milan

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

You guys getting this song... will be EPIC!
Cheers and beers guys
Zero Cool is always good for a laugh... I mean SERIOUSLY! His name is ZERO cool HAHAHAHA

#50 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

We need to practice this one and someone (tommy) needs to hold up cue cards. we always get tripped up at "in tribute to our citay" and whatever comes after that.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#51 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

It seems to go dead quiet (save for 3 or 4 people) at the "no matter where we go, this is our home". Seems like nobody knows the words.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#52 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

words:

This is L.A.
Our city our home.
Los Angeles,we never walk alone.
Forever true we’ll stay
in tribute to our city,
no matter where we go
this is our home.

link: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Learn it watch the video and force upon others to watch... ok not really. but seriously. Anyways it really is a good song so just watch the video

#53 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

This version isn't live, so it's easier to make out the lyrics.

#54 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

This is what happens when we do it too slow...

The key is really finding a constant working rhythm to this one. I'd rather have it done like the band than like the Opera (see above) but I got shouted at for going too fast last time.

#55 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:02 AM

This is what happens when we do it too slow...

The key is really finding a constant working rhythm to this one. I'd rather have it done like the band than like the Opera (see above) but I got shouted at for going too fast last time.

Yeah, exactly. When it's slow and lazy it's awful. But if you do it like they intended it, it's cool.

It was posted before, but this is the clean version and the one we should follow:

#56 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:25 AM

like everyone else i seem to forget the last two lines.

its just gonna take time. eventually we'll get it.

its just like the "i love ya, i love ya, i love ya" chant, either people didnt want to do it or didnt know the words but it works now.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#57 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

have to agree - I don't like it slow. loses the energy. it's a punk rock song (cue "what is punk" debate), and meant to be on the quick, rougher side.

a 4 year old girl that sits behind me at Kings games managed to learn the whole chorus within a week. we can do it.

#58 Uncle Landon's Army

Uncle Landon's Army

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

This is LA is a bad ass supporter song, now I know that my group & I are unknowns having just discovered LARS the last 6 games last season, but we've now been to every game to close out '08 & open '09 & this is a bad ass song! We were parked next to TM this past week & talked a little about the ACB compared to LARS & agreed that we love soccer & want to be able to focus on the action on the field rather than constant chatter, but I think we can up our game some this season with our boys (the G's) struggling & ACB coming on. Hey, in Europe all legit clubs have several supporter groups, from "firms" to "casuals" to "squads" to "counties," the more the merrier, but let's get this song down and then step up our game on some more new shit.

I am actually kicking around an idea about The Vandon Arms' song "Brothers in Arms" it has a bad ass chorus I think we may be able to adapt.

To quote Bishop Don 'Magic' Juan, "Game recognizes game." So let's up it & raise a pint to ACB for doing the same & pour a little out in memory of the Galaxians that were. Q: Quien es mas macho? A: LARS

#59 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

This is LA is a bad ass supporter song, now I know that my group & I are unknowns having just discovered LARS the last 6 games last season, but we've now been to every game to close out '08 & open '09 & this is a bad ass song! We were parked next to TM this past week & talked a little about the ACB compared to LARS & agreed that we love soccer & want to be able to focus on the action on the field rather than constant chatter, but I think we can up our game some this season with our boys (the G's) struggling & ACB coming on. Hey, in Europe all legit clubs have several supporter groups, from "firms" to "casuals" to "squads" to "counties," the more the merrier, but let's get this song down and then step up our game on some more new shit.

I am actually kicking around an idea about The Vandon Arms' song "Brothers in Arms" it has a bad ass chorus I think we may be able to adapt.

To quote Bishop Don 'Magic' Juan, "Game recognizes game." So let's up it & raise a pint to ACB for doing the same & pour a little out in memory of the Galaxians that were. Q: Quien es mas macho? A: LARS

i know what you are thinking...jerks

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#60 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Easy now, Uncle Landon came in with good intents. Even though it's never gonna happen (too complicated for us drunks), it's no reason to get ugly.

Seriously people, lighten up and ADD to the conversation.

As for THIS IS LA, should we just do the first four lines and repeat?

Tommy Mack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users