670 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm a fan of Shep and Cangilosi for games. In 2023, there is a potential for a new TV deal with all MLS games (including all local games) sold to a single bidder (e.g. not MSG). On the Seeing Red that came out last week, Cangilosi mentioned that Shep and him could be off the games and, whats more, it could be standard broadcasters like they do for ESPN games....  

I want Shep and Cangilosi to continue, but even if its not Shep and Cangilosi, it should be consistent local announcers who follow the team. I wonder if there is any fan pressure that can be put on Garber?  

(trying to distract myself from lack of roster moves)

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

that would suck 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

The NFL model would fucking blow. Fuck this. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

There is a rumor that MLS would go with AppleTV.

Goodbye cable for me if this is the case.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
no one wants this

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'll never pay for another streaming service. MLS locking their games away on something like Apple TV would be tremendously stupid and a horrible way to grow the league. I'd stick to finding streams online instead if I really had to. Fuck this nonsense.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Oobviously I wouldn't mind if they put it on a service I already have, like ESPN+.  But I would definitely miss local announcers like Steve and Shep.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

I'll never pay for another streaming service. MLS locking their games away on something like Apple TV would be tremendously stupid and a horrible way to grow the league. I'd stick to finding streams online instead if I really had to. Fuck this nonsense.

MLS probably has the youngest and most desirable viewing demographic in American professional sports. Its not stupid at all. Its the present and future. Most viewers under 30 are watching on their tablet and laptop. They arent sitting in their family room looking for MSG on their 50 inch TV. Garber isnt worrying about trying to attract new 45+ year old viewers who havent cut the cord. Like me.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Oobviously I wouldn't mind if they put it on a service I already have, like ESPN+.  

Same, or even Paramount +. 

I'd miss Shep and Steve, but I'll move on. Just like a bunch of us did with Tommy Smyth. lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Keep shep and Steve
Add in Mr Lloyd

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

MLS probably has the youngest and most desirable viewing demographic in American professional sports. Its not stupid at all. Its the present and future. Most viewers under 30 are watching on their tablet and laptop. They arent sitting in their family room looking for MSG on their 50 inch TV. Garber isnt worrying about trying to attract new 45+ year old viewers who havent cut the cord. Like me.

How many parents of kids are cutting the cord though? I don't buy that most people under 30 don't have televisions, TVs are probably more affordable now than ever before. Watching streaming through their TVs? Sure.

Either way, if they think it's the right move then good for them. I overall really won't care because they won't get a cent out of me cause I refuse to pay for all these streaming services just to watch one thing.

The only reason I pay for cable is because of how amazing my dvr is in terms of fast forwarding. Nothing in terms of streaming can match how fast I can watch a 60 min NHL game when I want to fast forward as soon as play stops until the puck drops again.

I value my time more than my money, if streaming dvr services ever get to the same level as my dvr I'll drop cable like a bad habit instantly.

With the way this team has been I'm certainly not paying more money to watch this shit product if I can't find a stream somewhere.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

no one wants this

Cord cutters do. MSG is only available on one cord cutting service (Fubo) , which is a joke.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Cord cutters do. MSG is only available on one cord cutting (Fubo) service, which is a joke.

Exactly. I want to cut the cord, but I can't because of Metro/MSG -- Fubo's cost pretty much equals my cable.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
Im hoping its everything on espn and they work with clubs to find local broadcasters for home games. Its not like cangy hasnt done work for espn before

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

i've gotta say when i watch a red bulls game i want to hear steve and shep. It's comforting to me. I can't explain it. If shep retired I would want to get a familiar person in here like BWP or maybe Luis to do play by play.Lloyd Sam is doing it for charlotte fc next year and he's great. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users