• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I read somewhere that MSG is looking at releasing their own streaming service somewhere down the line, but for the time being the only way I can watch this team is on ESPN+ using my VPN. It is, shall we say, less than ideal.

I cut down my Comcast bill by over 30% in protest, but they have a monopoly where I live so there isn't much else I can do.

I wish MSG would.  I had to fork over for FUBO to watch as I can't get complicated with VPN (long story). 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I wish MSG would.  I had to fork over for FUBO to watch as I can't get complicated with VPN (long story). 

When watching RB games on ESPN+ with VPN, its the MSG broadcast? Just curious....

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

When watching RB games on ESPN+ with VPN, its the MSG broadcast? Just curious....

They usually default to the home team's broadcast

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I read somewhere that MSG is looking at releasing their own streaming service somewhere down the line

https://thestreamabl...-by-end-of-year

Nice, I've only been asking for 5 years.

I've resorted to finding a stream or watching in a bar as MSG is very challenging to find without cable and of course with Comcast these days.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

sorry I have FUBO and yes it MSG.

Not sure with ESPN+

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

They go with the home team's broadcast. My friend is a die hard and lives in DC Scum territory and is always bitching about the broadcasters when we're on the road.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

It's too bad ESPN+ doesn't do what they do with the NHL, which is offer the option to choose between the home and away feeds.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

MSG is the worst. Has been driving me nuts for years that the MSG Go App isn't available on Apple TV, ROKU, smart TV's, etc.

I actually just today decided to go back to Verizon Fios cable. I require only 2 channels: MSG and YES. MSG for Metros, Devils, and Knicks. YES for the Yanks. Tired of figuring out workarounds. Through all my research, seems the options that carry both are Direct TV Stream or going back to cable. Surprisingly, cable was cheaper. Getting both on Direct TV Stream was $90/month. Getting both on the Fios Choice package was $65/month + $12/month box rental. Never thought I'd go back to cable, I haven't had it for at least 5 years.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Exactly. I want to cut the cord, but I can't because of Metro/MSG -- Fubo's cost pretty much equals my cable.

I've watched MLS on ESPN plus now for a while. I cut the cord back when Hulu was included in Sprint upper tier phone package. Back when chrome cast existed before fire sticks...

Cable in Florida can easily be 200 a month. Netflix, Disney plus, espn and Hulu with Fubo for Copa libertadores is what i have been doing and i am so much happier
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

I've watched MLS on ESPN plus now for a while. I cut the cord back when Hulu was included in Sprint upper tier phone package. Back when chrome cast existed before fire sticks...

Cable in Florida can easily be 200 a month. Netflix, Disney plus, espn and Hulu with Fubo for Copa libertadores is what i have been doing and i am so much happier

Yeah, but in Florida Metro would not be blacked out on ESPN+. It is here...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I have yet to figure out how to ESPN+ to work with VPN.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

This was an issue for me last year, nothing I tried was working. PIA rolled out an East Coast streaming optimized server that has been working fine, but before that I'd have to swap servers a dozen times to find one that would actually start the stream.

From my unscientific anecdotal research, it seems to be that older banks of servers that PIA has controlled for a while are blacklisted. If I get on a newer one (including the optimized server cluster) that seems to make a difference. No telling how long this will last, though.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't understand any of this.  Just move somewhere else, or pay whatever they ask.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I don't understand any of this.  Just move somewhere else, or pay whatever they ask.   

Thanks for your contribution.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Yes, unfortunately we're past the glory days of using VPNs to freely move around any streaming service. Most of the large ones dedicate a pretty good mount of internal resources to blacklisting common VPN servers. You can sometimes get lucky, but it's getting a lot harder.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users