• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

chung'sblast

chung'sblast

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

That was also the debut of "metro boys ain't nothing to fuck with". That was the game where we scored 2 goals in the first 90 seconds...

Really thought we had a team to win the title at that moment. And we did...Angel's concussion and Bruce's subsequent canning by a Soda salesman ended that, though.
35th minute- Red Bulls fans back on the East Coast should know that the 50 Red Bulls fans are making more noise than the rest of the stadium right now.

"I can't believe you guys sing the whole game," -- DC security guard, who apparently isn't used to that from supporters...

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
This game will most be remembered for Marquez's... "antics," but Bernardez and Chavez's contributions to the game were disgusting too. Can only imagine how much more hockey-like it would have gotten out there if Lenhart and Rodgers were in the lineups.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Re-broadcast in progress. SW sounds terrific!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Surprised at some of the player ratings - Dane in particular seems low. A 6 isn't an insult, but he worked his ass off and created that second goal. I know Lade wasn't perfect, but he seemed to step up and quickly got over his obvious initial nerves. Gotta be pretty amazing to make your first professional pass to TH14, and for Henry to not hesitate to get the ball back to you. Don't know what was happening between Lade and Lindpere, though - Joel clearly missed Miller being there with him, but I honestly think the little guy outplayed Joel.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Surprised at some of the player ratings - Dane in particular seems low. A 6 isn't an insult, but he worked his ass off and created that second goal. I know Lade wasn't perfect, but he seemed to step up and quickly got over his obvious initial nerves. Gotta be pretty amazing to make your first professional pass to TH14, and for Henry to not hesitate to get the ball back to you. Don't know what was happening between Lade and Lindpere, though - Joel clearly missed Miller being there with him, but I honestly think the little guy outplayed Joel.

Miller tends to babysit Joel, he's always within 10 yards of him to provide an easy outlet. Lade's movement is much more dynamic and you're right that Lindpere looked like he was struggling to keep track of him.

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA
Whoever suggested the Spanish radio broadcast :cheers: ....way better than hearing Msg broadcasters

Nidal Baba Superstar

Nidal Baba Superstar

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

He gave the ball away in a bad spot but our defense had a decent shape when the turnover happened, Wondo simply made a fantastic one touch ball through our defense that set up the goal. Am I the only one that thought San Jose earned both of their goals? I'm having trouble pegging a single person or mental lapse for either goal.

I disagree here.

On that first goal, yes, the pass was nice, but there were severe faults on the parts of Marquez and Holgersson, either of whom could have prevented the goal - Holgersson, if he knew what was going on around him, and Marquez, if he cared at all about playing for our team.

"Credit" to Roy Miller on that first goal as well, for his disgustingly lazy play...first, the disgustingly lazy play that allowed Holgersson to (foolishly) think Stephenson was covered, and second, for his pathetic jogging toward goal after the play got behind him.

On the second goal, the problems were less preventable, and more in line with the natural limitations of our backs, but I invite all fans of this team to do the following:

1.) Watch the replay twenty times.
2.) Watch Roy Miller when you watch the replay.
3.) Try to tell me with a straight face that you can win a championship with a player like Roy Miller on your team.
--------------
4.) If anyone can complete steps 1-3 successfully, they must repeat steps 1-2 until they get it.

Not trying to make a scapegoat out of Miller, who wasn't even directly at fault on that goal, but that sort of thing is exhibit A in why we'll be enjoying another first-round playoff exit in 2012.

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
Pics from the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users