Anyone think RB is getting ready to sell?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats

I am inclined to wonder if anyone think RB is getting ready to unload their MLS team?

Henry is on his way out, there's talk to letting Cahill go, now Frasier leaving, they aren't spending any money on DP's or making any moves (defensive depth, aside).

Yes, they built a stadium and are expanding their training facility, but they just raise the value of  the franchise.  I get the feeling Austria is looking to get out of this lost cause.

If MLS can force out the Chivas owners (huge failure), then they can quietly force out Austria (medium size fauilure) -- just as quickly and quietly as their original takeover.

A man can dream.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Doubt it... but I have created this "confimation bias/wishful thinking" scenario in my head, where John Henry sees what Man City is doing, sees how much bigger the Liverpool fan base is here and knows how much better he could do it, so he tries to buy the Revs.  When stubborn, useless,Kraft wants no part of it, he decides to go after us instead and works out some 10-year stadium and jersey sponsorship deal with RB to make it work.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Doubt it... but I have created this "confimation bias/wishful thinking" scenario in my head, where John Henry sees what Man City is doing, sees how much bigger the Liverpool fan base is here and knows how much better he could do it, so he tries to buy the Revs.  When stubborn, useless,Kraft wants no part of it, he decides to go after us instead and works out some 10-year stadium and jersey sponsorship deal with RB to make it work.

And we become Newyorkerpool FC

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I am inclined to wonder if anyone think RB is getting ready to unload their MLS team?

Henry is on his way out, there's talk to letting Cahill go, now Frasier leaving, they aren't spending any money on DP's or making any moves (defensive depth, aside).

Yes, they built a stadium and are expanding their training facility, but they just raise the value of  the franchise.  I get the feeling Austria is looking to get out of this lost cause.

If MLS can force out the Chivas owners (huge failure), then they can quietly force out Austria (medium size fauilure) -- just as quickly and quietly as their original takeover.

A man can dream.

As much as I'd like to see that happen, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros

A man can dream.

There's absolutely no indication they're looking to sell.  They completed the training facility last year, they're doing a 2 million expansion next year.  They're planning on fielding a team in USL next year.  Just because they're looking to spend 3 million a year on a DP instead of 7 million doesn't mean they're trying to sell.  Henry retiring is no indication of a possible sale.  Cahill has only scored one goal this year and will be 35 next year.  Just because NYFC is interested in Fraser doesn't mean Red Bull will let him go.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

And we become Newyorkerpool FC

Nah... that's what I like about John Henry... he understands the $ value of history and supporters.   If you watch what they'e done -  just with their approach to stadium re-development - its all good.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Lololololol they just spent millions on the training facility. Trust me, as an ESC board member, I can promise you they have no interest in selling. Quite the opposite, expect to be happily surprised in the coming weeks.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team
As much as most folks in this area would LOVE to see that happen... There's just one little problem... One of my closest friends (from high school) actually works for Red Bull out of the headquarters in Santa Monica, CA. She works in the division that runs all sports teams and related events in North America.

Anyway, I keep asking her if the rumors are true if Red Bull is looking to dump the soccer team in NYC/Harrison and her response is always the same - have no reason to think she's making it up:

"No. And, if and when that happens, trust me, you will be among the FIRST to know and why."

And, as someone just posted, they completed the training facility last year, and are looking to expand on it at the cost of 2 million dollars. If they were really looking to sell, none of that would be happening. Then again, what do I know? 

NOTE - She has asked me NOT to give out her name, as she and the staff is VERY aware of Metrofanatic.com

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Nah... that's what I like about John Henry... he understands the $ value of history and supporters.   If you watch what they'e done -  just with their approach to stadium re-development - its all good.

I know, and to be honest, I'm VERY impressed.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Lololololol they just spent millions on the training facility. Trust me, as an ESC board member, I can promise you they have no interest in selling. Quite the opposite, expect to be happily surprised in the coming weeks.

complimentary packages of honey roasted peanuts distributed upon entering the stadium?

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Damn... got wood over that. 

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Cryptic.

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Finishing the training facility or planning to field a USL team doesn't mean RB is staying. It just means they are keeping things running Business As Usual. If you sell your car or your house you're not going to stop taking care of it, you'll want to have it in the best condition so you can get top dollar for it right? 

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Guess it REALLY pays to be a board member. Good to know... Thanks.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Cryptic.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users