1245 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

For me it'll depend on data about how the vaccines work against new variants. But I'd love to double mask up and go to some games once we have a majority of people vaccinated.

IMO the $$$ driven media is blowing the variant thing out of proportion.

These vaccines are incredibly powerful at preventing severe complications. Its gonna take a major mutation to render them close to useless. While that IS a possibility my understanding is that:

A. Its statistically unlikely
B if discovered soon enough then its possible to reformulate the vaccine pretty quick

Edit (updated):
Moderna is already developing a booster for the South African variant, but that is only out of an abundance of caution. Since the means of production already exists they have the ability to get it to the masses quickly.
https://www.google.c...1-351-68384/amp

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Assuming the season operates under a somewhat normal schedule (i.e. no Disney Bubble)

and assuming that vaccine rollouts continue somewhat on schedule for the next few months

and assuming that you were lucky enough to get a vaccine before April

and assuming that Murphy relaxes the public outdoor gathering to match what some other states have done (i.e. 20% capacity at the stadium = ~5k fans spread throughout.  No south ward obviously. Masks mandated while inside the stadium).

Would you try and attend games in person this year? If you had asked me a few months ago, my answer would have been "NO"...but with the vaccine rollout and adequate protections, I would consider going again.

Pass for me, the atmosphere and attendance has already diminished every year for several years now. I have no interest in just sitting there silently, especially to watch what is shaping up to be an even worse team than last year. I'd rather watch from home instead.

I will be asking my rep to carry over my seats and money to 2022 no matter what happens this year and if they don't I'll just sell them.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Vaccine rollout fiasco in Philly:
https://www.cnn.com/...ersy/index.html
https://m.youtube.co...eature=youtu.be

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

finally able to book an appointment ...in Binghamton...
if you live in NYC ... plan a vaccine day trip out of the city.

https://nypost.com/2...intense-demand/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

https://nypost.com/2...intense-demand/

I was actually able to book an appointment last week in Brooklyn at Wingate HS. It really takes a lot of persistence AND luck. When we went (wife got vaccinated as well) we walked right through and got our shots, it was pretty empty.

But yeah, I had originally planned on traveling to Binghamton today.

This rollout has been a mess, and I realize the logistical challenge, but there has to be a better way.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
This rollout could have been if there was clear direction from the Government. The websites clearly dont work. Why not vaccinate the entire population and use pen and paper! Allow ppl to register onsite! Its not rocket science!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

This rollout could have been if there was ANY direction from the Government.

FYP.

Once Bidens team gets their arms around this we should start to move quickly. And they better. He promised real momentum on vaccine distribution within his first 3 months and total vaccination by sometime this summer. If he doesnt deliver it will be political suicide.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

FYP.

Once Bidens team gets their arms around this we should start to move quickly. And they better. He promised real momentum on vaccine distribution within his first 3 months and total vaccination by sometime this summer. If he doesnt deliver it will be political suicide.

Biden had months to prepare his "vision" for the rollout and so far it just looks like more confusion and disorganization coming from the federal government, under his administration.

I hope he can turn it around, but the Democrats appear unwilling to put all their energy and attention into solving the issue. The key party leaders (Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) seem more focused on the Senate impeachment proceedings.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Biden had months to prepare his "vision" for the rollout and so far it just looks like more confusion and disorganization coming from the federal government, under his administration.

I hope he can turn it around, but the Democrats appear unwilling to put all their energy and attention into solving the issue. The key party leaders (Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) seem more focused on the Senate impeachment proceedings.

Ha ha. Bidens been in office 10 days. Hes supposed to overcome six months of planning at the federal level in less than two weeks... seems fair...

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Ha ha. Bidens been in office 10 days. Hes supposed to overcome six months of planning at the federal level in less than two weeks... seems fair...

I mean why not, considering Biden had the FULL cooperation of the previous administration in ensuring the timely transfer and sharing of important information...oh wait

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Biden released his coronavirus recovery plan nearly a year ago:

https://joebiden.com/covid19/

He knew he would become president near the start of the November.

He's had months of preparation (to say just two weeks is misleading). So for him to stumble this poorly out of the gate, with Cuomo and De Blasio both begging him for more vaccines is concerning.

He knew what he wanted to do and so far he's dropping the ball. Gotta call it fairly like it is.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

I mean why not, considering Biden had the FULL cooperation of the previous administration in ensuring the timely transfer and sharing of important information...oh wait

That's been the Biden administration excuse so far to try to deflect blame, that they weren't getting cooperation from their predecessors.

Unfortunately for Biden, since he is the president now, the buck stops with him. He's the guy in charge. If the rollout is botched, it's his fault. He's at the top and is expected to solve this problem. It's not Trump's fault anymore. He's no longer the president. Trump did a poor job as well and can be blamed for not doing more last year when this all started up until a few weeks ago. But at the end of the day Biden is the guy who has now taken ownership of the vaccine rollout.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Biden released his coronavirus recovery plan nearly a year ago:

https://joebiden.com/covid19/

He knew he would become president near the start of the November.

He's had months of preparation (to say just two weeks is misleading). So for him to stumble this poorly out of the gate, with Cuomo and De Blasio both begging him for more vaccines is concerning.

He knew what he wanted to do and so far he's dropping the ball. Gotta call it fairly like it is.

You do understand he wasnt able to implement any plan until he became president, right? I have a plan for the Red Bulls roster, but until I get Thelwells job, I cant really do anything about it. Even if I did get his job, Im pretty sure it would take more than 10 days to implement my plan.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

You do understand he wasnt able to implement any plan until he became president, right? I have a plan for the Red Bulls roster, but until I get Thelwells job, I cant really do anything about it. Even if I did get his job, Im pretty sure it would take more than 10 days to implement my plan.

Again, saying he only has had ten days is inaccurate and misleading.

Biden had his vision for a coronavirus recovery plan in place about a year ago.

Then he found out he would be president three months ago. He likely was already in the process of getting his administration together and now could act further on that, since his win was official.

By the holidays, it became very apparent that the rollout was hitting obstacles because of states only allowing certain people to get the vaccine and appointments being empty.

This continued for weeks before Biden took office and as of today, it continues to be an issue.

You're acting like Biden had no idea of the situation until ten days ago and is being unfairly criticized because he just took office. Gimme a break. Unless you think the guy is a total idiot, he knew what the situation was a long time back and is still struggling to correct it. He complained for months about Trump not acting (which he wasn't) but now that Biden is in office, he's failing to get much done either.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Im no lover of the democrats but what the fuck man?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users