86 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Would be extremely rough to lose the asset for nothing.  But thinking some type of deal that leaves him here for the rest of the MLS season.

yeah we can't lose Tyler for free at all costs, the allocation money from the move would be too high to let him walk.  And while he is probably our best deep midfielder, having Davis, Rza, Valot and Beze there frankly is doable.  This could be a moment where Red Bull could do us a solid and transfer him to RBL and have RBL just ask for him to come in December when our season is over.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Do we know for a fact that this is Adams contract year or does the team have an option for next year?

5 year plan

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Do we know for a fact that this is Adams contract year or does the team have an option for next year?

We don't know 100%, usual rookie contracts are 3 years with options added, so if that's the case then the team does have an option. I think Connor Lade mentioned something about his contract being up? 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

We don't know 100%, usual rookie contracts are 3 years with options added, so if that's the case then the team does have an option. I think Connor Lade mentioned something about his contract being up? 

Adams's case is a little different since he spent a full year under contract with the USL team though.  Don't know how/if that affects his situation.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

With anything MLS related, it's always a guessing game. I really doubt RBNY would have let Adams be here on his last season, only to let him go on a free. 

Ideally we resign all three. I think Davis is underrated and his game developed quite a lot the past two seasons (especially after the slow start last season). Dude can ball. Parker and Long are the best CB duo in MLS. Gotta keep it together. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
New deal for Davis through 2021:

https://www.mlssocce...is-new-contract

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

three years GUARANTEED?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Nice! Wonder what a "solid raise" above his current $125k means. The dude's constantly surpassed my expectations, but still not really a lock starter in any position. I think $200k would be pretty fair.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I saw the headline on MLS and for some reason thought it was Adams. That would have been something.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i assume what he's gonna be making is what Felipe got when we first acquired him, ~$175k-$250k per yr...or about what Dax got ~$250k/yr back when he was 1st acquired him in exchange for DeRo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Davis is a lot better than some people give him credit for. He was miscast higher up the field last season. Sitting more in that 8 role is perfect.

CMs that arent lighting up the scoreboard never get a fair shake.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Davis is a lot better than some people give him credit for. He was miscast higher up the field last season. Sitting more in that 8 role is perfect.

CMs that arent lighting up the scoreboard never get a fair shake.

plus a guy with his position versatility in this league is priceless.  Lets the team sign best players they can get knowing they can plug him in whereever they have a hole in the midfield.  One down, two to go.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

plus a guy with his position versatility in this league is priceless.  Lets the team sign best players they can get knowing they can plug him in whereever they have a hole in the midfield.  One down, two to go.

Yup. And...doesnt take up an international spot.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

1 down 2 to go....

Also pet peeve of mine, any chance he moved to #8 next season. I hate seeing random numbers on guys, and this team is one of if not the worst at jersey numbers on earth. I think they do it just to anger me. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

1 down 2 to go....

Also pet peeve of mine, any chance he moved to #8 next season. I hate seeing random numbers on guys, and this team is one of if not the worst at jersey numbers on earth. I think they do it just to anger me. 

Seems rare lately to make changes to jersey number.

Luyindula, Lade, Obekop, Tainio in recent memory. Fairly common to change from their USL number though (Bonomo, Mines, Etienne and Adams). Although Long, Bezecourt and Valot kept their number.

Also, I think the team is ensuring no numbers overlap on the USL team (Kutler moved from 92 to 41). Last year Duka and Escobar wore different numbers when playing with the USL team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users