86 replies to this topic

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Parker is gone unless we drop Collin next season and use AM to pay him down.. is he worth the 3rd DP slot?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he can be had with a TAM contract. DP would mean $1.5m+ per season. Wouldn't have a prob if it was $600k-$800k.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

New deal for Davis official.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Parker is gone unless we drop Collin next season and use AM to pay him down.. is he worth the 3rd DP slot?

Collin current salary will be gone. If heres next season it will be at a greatly reduced number.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I'm not a subscriber so I can't read this article but the first few paragraphs suggest there might be some weird stuff going on behind the scenes with a new Parker contract: https://theathletic....front-offices/?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Calvinball

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

"Trade" Parker to Seattle, league will allow them to sign him by whatever means necessary, trade him back. Give Seattle a draft pick for the trouble.

I'm only half-kidding.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

I finally got around to subscribing, so here's what's going on:

• MLS obviously approves all contracts because of single entity
  • MLS is taking extra scrutiny for approving/denying TAM contracts, and has specifically denied multiple TAM contracts for players within the league (Stefan Frei, CJ Sapong, Walker Zimmerman, Joevin Jones)
  • Tim Parker was one of the players denied and this is why he hasn't signed a new contract

Pretty much MLS has decided that TAM should be spent on bringing players into the league to improve its profile and isn't letting us bump Parker to a TAM salary.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Pretty much MLS has decided that TAM should be spent on bringing players into the league to improve its profile and isn't letting us bump Parker to a TAM salary.

Parker is breaking into the national team ffs

What international superstar are they getting for $1.5M per year? Oh right...

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

We took an American out of Vancouver, brought him to his hometown, and helped make him into a national team player. But sure, we should instead be forced to overpay for some 31-year-old asshole in the Belgian league. Fuck this bullshit. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Makes no sense.  Wasn't one of the original reasons for TAM to re-sign USMNT players like Besler and Zusi to keep them in MLS? Same should go for Parker.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

MLS has decided that TAM should be spent on bringing players into the league to improve its profile and isn't letting us bump Parker to a TAM salary.

http://theprovince.c...-york-red-bulls
So, we can use TAM to acquire Tim.
But we cannot use it to pay him? 🤷‍♂️

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I finally got around to subscribing, so here's what's going on:

• MLS obviously approves all contracts because of single entity
  • MLS is taking extra scrutiny for approving/denying TAM contracts, and has specifically denied multiple TAM contracts for players within the league (Stefan Frei, CJ Sapong, Walker Zimmerman, Joevin Jones)
  • Tim Parker was one of the players denied and this is why he hasn't signed a new contract
Kinda rindiculous as this type of players in the past went to Sweden etc to get paid.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Going by that article, it's almost like we have to make him a DP.  Or hope he doesn't go overseas for more money.

I'd have no problem making him a DP.  Dude is a beast. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We took an American out of Vancouver, brought him to his hometown, and helped make him into a national team player. But sure, we should instead be forced to overpay for some 31-year-old asshole in the Belgian league. Fuck this bullshit. 

Haven't read the article, so relying on the summary posted. Guessing the shenanigans were around the time of the transfer. Now that Parker is performing at the high level he is, circumstances may (and should!) change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users