51 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
First move of the offseason, Lade retired...

https://www.instagra...id=9pn8cgyafmv0

Obviously didn't do much this past season but I think he might have been the longest tenured player here? I was never the biggest fan but he always played his heart out and gave it his all. I wish him the best in whatever he does next. Seems like he would be a good fit working with the academy kids since he came up through that system too.

Final retirement speech...
https://youtu.be/dEL4JrD-gx4

Career recap video...
https://youtu.be/8DMRzTHoAQw

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Lade should have retired 2 years ago. Maybe we don't get smoked in Atlanta with someone else back there.

Thanks for the memories I guess?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Lade should have retired 2 years ago. Maybe we don't get smoked in Atlanta with someone else back there.

Thanks for the memories I guess?

Of course thanks for the memories

Maybe in ATL Kaku closes down Lawrentowitz and Parker learns how to deal with crosses from the left (2 years in a row that direct play helped to send us out of the PLAYOFFS)

But why not reduce a guys playing career to one biased opinion when he lived and breathed this club for over a decade (including youth teams)

THANKS CONOR BEST OF LUCK!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Of course thanks for the memories
THANKS CONOR BEST OF LUCK!

We will always have Thierry Henry: Put that leetle guy in!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
Let's not make Lade into a hero. Longevity does not equal quality. He was a borderline MLS 2.0 role player that - when he was on the field - teams regularly targeted as an obvious weak spot.

But don't worry, if you want to deify Lade, you've got a younger, slightly taller, slightly worse option in Buckmaster still on the roster today.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Let's not make Lade into a hero. Longevity does not equal quality. He was a borderline MLS 2.0 role player that - when he was on the field - teams regularly targeted as an obvious weak spot.

But don't worry, if you want to deify Lade, you've got a younger, slightly taller, slightly worse option in Buckmaster still on the roster today.

ROTFLOL

Glad to see you have your next target in mind . 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Look, he came through the academy, had horrible luck with injuries and always gave his all. Does he deserve a bust outside the stadium? No. But does he deserve recognition and admiration? For sure.

Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants

Lade was a nice outside back option for a number of years and busted his ass every time he was out there on the field. He was part of the incredible culture that won three shields. It's shameful that you can't recognize a respectable career of someone who exemplifies the part of this organization that's actually admirable.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
I tip my hat to him, but it was definitely time.

Strange that 2012 was his best season. He got about 1/4 of his career playing time that season and I could never figure out why he couldnt see the light of day the next two years. Oh well. Good luck Connor!

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
I don't think it's shameful at all. I just prefer to hold professional soccer players to a higher standard than "tries really hard". This is more of an indication on American soccer culture in general - fast running, hard working players are more valued than skillful ones. It's affecting soccer at all levels, starting in the youth ranks, and I guess reflects fan perceptions as well.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Good. I think he was the longest standing member of the team. Seemed like a great guy. Always gave 100% and played anywhere he was asked to. But he was just not good enough for this league. Unfortunately, the coaches continued to play him in spots where he got exposed for way too long.  From a sporting perspective, I am very happy that we will not see him back here next season. Wish him the best of luck in the future. 

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

I don't think it's shameful at all. I just prefer to hold professional soccer players to a higher standard than "tries really hard". This is more of an indication on American soccer culture in general - fast running, hard working players are more valued than skillful ones. It's affecting soccer at all levels, starting in the youth ranks, and I guess reflects fan perceptions as well.

People aren't evaluating his ability to impact games, they're thanking someone for their efforts as they fucking retire. I think it's a good move on his part and good for the team at this point. If I had any faith in this organization I would say it's good to have the cap space freed up for a new option. Doesn't mean people can't be happy with his effort (the only thing he can control) and thank him for it. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

shameful it is - part of 3 SS winning teams and helped contribute to making playoffs every year.  

But lets only focus on criticism and no credit. 

Thanks for making my morning.  :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
Armas Was part of a SS winning team too LMAOROFL

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Armas Was part of a SS winning team too LMAOROFL

Thanks for proving our points!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users