Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

My rankings of how Red Bull GmbH values their worldwide teams:

1. Red Bull Racing - F1 is hugely popular worldwide, hence the investment to be the only current challenger to Mercedes

2. RasenBallsport Leipzig - Champions League $$$$, top 5 league and sell on fees for top young talent

3. Red Bull Salzburg - Champions League $$$$, feeder team for Euro talent and sell on fees for second tier talent

4. Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Second F1 team. Training ground for RB Racing

5. Red Bull Bragantino - Feeder team for South American talent, need to spend $$ to stay in first division (20% of league gets relegated)

6. Red Bull New York - Feeder team for North American talent plus longshot talent/reclamation projects. No pro/rel, meh championship, who cares?

7. FC Leifering - Feeder/youth team for RB Salzburg

8. EHC Red Bull Munchen - First division German hockey

9. EC Red Bull Salzburg - First Division Austrian hockey

10. RBNY II - Feeder/youth team for RBNY

11. Red Bull Brasil - Feeder/youth team for RB Bragantino

Am I missing anything?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wow. We're 6th in the hierarchy. Heady days ahead, y'all's. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Dont think that can be argued with

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

they operate to break even

They do not. Until the budget cap this year, Red Bull was subsidizing over a hundred million euros in losses each year across both their teams (possibly for Red Bull Technologies as well). The budget cap will get them much closer to sustainability but that is not a priority for either RBR and STR/AT. As mentioned above winning and developing drivers are their goals respectively.

You can argue that the benefit of being tops in F1 or the Bundesliga justifies those subsidies, but the fact remains that if they care about an organization in their sports portfolio they will spend whatever is necessary to succeed. They don't care about this team anymore, so they don't.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Red Bull isnt selling any time soon. A recent valuation has us at $505 million. Red Bull can do nothing for a little longer (perhaps after 2026 World Cup) and sell when they can get $750 plus. https://www.soundera...nders-valuation

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Honestly, I don't even care why they spend money on other ventures and not this club. Come up with whatever business or sporting logic sounds reasonable, it doesn't matter. We should all just want an ownership group that cares about winning and will provide the resources necessary to make that a reality.

Thelwell has been underwhelming so far to say the least but if someone on the Continent is telling him only to take fliers on guys 23 and under because that suits their overall "Make East Germany Great Again" strategy, I can only put so much blame on our coaching and recruitment staff.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

when they signed Amaya i was hoping he could make a similar transition over time as a Sacha K style 10.  Though right now its not working i still think there is a chance he can do that long term

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

when they signed Amaya i was hoping he could make a similar transition over time as a Sacha K style 10.  Though right now its not working i still think there is a chance he can do that long term

Struber doesnt think so atm, think his value in the future lies further back on the field.

He should be getting more minutes rotating in at the 8 or as the 10 for lack of a better option. The Carmona thing is strange, flashes here and there but definitely not a 90 minute player in MLS right now

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Struber doesnt think so atm, think his value in the future lies further back on the field.

I think it was Doyle who was saying before the season started that he thought Amaya's ceiling was way higher as a #6, I was wondering if Red Bull thought the same since we didn't have a clear option there at the start of the season.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Carmona ideally would be finalizing some things in USL now before contributing to first team next season.  he for sure moves like a 10 and knows how to get into the right pockets of space but his composure and decision making just need refinement.  I am hopeful for him starting next season.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
I am hopeful Carmona is nowhere near the XI next season

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

I think it was Doyle who was saying before the season started that he thought Amaya's ceiling was way higher as a #6, I was wondering if Red Bull thought the same since we didn't have a clear option there at the start of the season.

i know they thought he could play 6, 8 or 10 but in their initial press conferences they highlighted how he should help us in the final third.  Nonetheless it hasnt kicked on yet as well as Struber or Thelwell thought it would.  And Amaya was wanted by other MLS clubs so he's viewed as talented but we arent getting the most out of him.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The  top of the diamond was always the hole to fill..   We had Davis and Diarra competing for the 6, and we also had formations with CCJ and Yearwood playing in front of the back 4.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I have a lot more patience for some other guys being inconsistent. Amaya is young but he's native and has been in this league for multiple seasons. He's been a total failure so far. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I am hopeful Carmona is nowhere near the XI next season

Well you should prepare to be disappointed.  Especially if Clark is not loaned back, Carmona is almost certainly going to be starting next season.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users