JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://m.youtube.co...66PCcI5s&t=346s

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Absolute joke of a video and I say that as someone who was a fan of the team when they were still the Metrostars and hell this looks even worse coming out just now after this weekend.

No mention of 3 supporters shields or the fact the team has only missed the playoffs once since they became red bull. No mention that team on the field stunk as the Metrostars vs Red Bull. The greatest success we had was losing in the open cup final and finishing 1st in the east once and got bounced in the playoffs right away anyway. No mention of the incredible academy.

No mention that the German league season starts during the middle of our season so of course Jesse would have to leave then if he wanted to advance his career.

This video comes across as extremely whiney and adds absolutely nothing that we haven't heard a thousand times before when it comes to the actual name of the team. We get it, red bull name blah blah blah.

What a waste of time it was to watch that one sided nonsense of a video.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

No mention of the arena being built ...

There was, at 3:49.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I don't mind the video. I dont agree with much of it, but some valid points. Lots of inaccuracies (Leipzig was purchased before Henry, before Cahill, Marquez, Kaku...). Very one-sided points of view.

I have a tough time with someone complaining about marketing, while wearing a Metro practice jersey in which the Nike logo pops out so much, especially after Nike's recent marketing stunts.

It took me years to get over the change to Red Bull but the results of getting the stadium over the hump, building the academy, spending money on a USL team and sticking by it even though they have the WORST attendance, and putting a winning product on the field have gotten me over the MetroStars name. How's Kraft doing with the Revs? Is our team moving to Texas? Are there rumors of our team vanishing due to ownership financial issues?

Personally, having Red Bull on our jerseys is a helluva lot better sponsor than "Bimbo" or Etihad or a pyramid scheme company.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Hahaha, the name thing again. I probably shouldn't even post on this thread, but as one of the first season ticket holders ever for the club I can say: those "good old days" weren't so good.

Go Red Bulls!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

There was, at 3:49.

Yes you're right he did mention the arena then so I'll take that one back. The rest still applies though.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Absolute joke of a video and I say that as someone who was a fan of the team when they were still the Metrostars and hell this looks even worse coming out just now after this weekend.

No mention of 3 supporters shields or the fact the team has only missed the playoffs once since they became red bull. No mention that team on the field stunk as the Metrostars vs Red Bull. The greatest success we had was losing in the open cup final and finishing 1st in the east once and got bounced in the playoffs right away anyway. No mention of the incredible academy.

No mention that the German league season starts during the middle of our season so of course Jesse would have to leave then if he wanted to advance his career.

This video comes across as extremely whiney and adds absolutely nothing that we haven't heard a thousand times before when it comes to the actual name of the team. We get it, red bull name blah blah blah.

What a waste of time it was to watch that one sided nonsense of a video.

Someone's upset.

As someone who was interviewed in the video, all I can say is that this, finally, gave some in depth into what went into the takeover and the view from the other side.  Which the press largely ignored for years.  Happy to see it finally tell the story for the "Rest of us" and give some of us a voice who have had it squashed by MLS-owned media over the past 10 years.

This was done from a NY perspective and meant to cover things off of the field as much as on.  It's not a Red Bull fellatio piece, it looks at football from a bigger picture perspective.  "Football is more than just a team on the field".

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

I don't mind the video. I dont agree with much of it, but some valid points. Lots of inaccuracies (Leipzig was purchased before Henry, before Cahill, Marquez, Kaku...). Very one-sided points of view.

Unfortunately that snippet was mine, and I went on to expand about how there was a direct correlation between increased Leipzig spending and decreased NY spending.  It didn't come across in that snippet, where I was specifically talking about how Leipzig's rise to the Buli killed a lot of the 1st team roster spending here.  It was part of a 20 minute wide ranging interview where a lot of those things were discussed.  I addressed all of them in my portion.  

#RedBullOut

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Unfortunately that snippet was mine, and I went on to expand about how there was a direct correlation between increased Leipzig spending and decreased NY spending.  It didn't come across in that snippet, where I was specifically talking about how Leipzig's rise to the Buli killed a lot of the 1st team roster spending here.  It was part of a 20 minute wide ranging interview where a lot of those things were discussed.  I addressed all of them in my portion.  

Regarding the spending, I feel like investment in the Academy and USL teams needs to be considered. We are better off for Red Bull putting money into developing Davis, Muyl, Long, Adams, etc. than we were when they spent big dollars on star players.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Regarding the spending, I feel like investment in the Academy and USL teams needs to be considered. We are better off for Red Bull putting money into developing Davis, Muyl, Long, Adams, etc. than we were when they spent big dollars on star players.

I said specifically there needed to be a mix of both.  You need guys like Kaku and high end talent to help with the academy.  Covered a ton of different topics in my portion of the interview.  

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Someone's upset.

Not enough to go make a video about it.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I said specifically there needed to be a mix of both.  You need guys like Kaku and high end talent to help with the academy.  Covered a ton of different topics in my portion of the interview.  

Did a lot of it get cut?  I was just commenting on the video and the arguments that it was making.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Not enough to go make a video about it.

I wasn't the guy who made it, sport.  I got interviewed over beers at legends.  

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

I wasn't the guy who made it, sport.  I got interviewed over beers at legends.  

Whoosh, missed the joke.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Did a lot of it get cut?  I was just commenting on the video and the arguments that it was making.

My portion was 20 minutes long, same for Corey, Brent, Adair and others.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users