439 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The Venn diagram of people complaining about Long and people who have actually seen Long play are two entirely separate circles. USMNT Twitter is one of the worst social media cesspools out there right now.

Not exactly complaining about Long here, but while he's come back better than I expected this year, he's not been as dominant as he once was. The recent episode vs Campana stands out to me (recency bias alert).

If you have a Bundesliga player completely ignored in favor of MLS lifers (not just Long) for mostly unclear reasons, I can understand the frustration.

Long, even if at his best, has just not been tested against players like Kane/Sterling/etc that the team will be facing in Qatar.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Am I the only one remembers that Brooks was absolutely awful in qualifying?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Gregg remembers

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Good win.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Brooks is too slow. I am happy that he has not been calle up

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

There are USMNT twitter accts that don't remember, apparently. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Weah's goal was sick. Shot was a bullet! Guy is awesome. Really liked the starting lineup last night. Maybe one or two tweaks if guys get healthy but that's pretty good looking to me.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Weah's goal was sick. Shot was a bullet! Guy is awesome. Really liked the starting lineup last night. Maybe one or two tweaks if guys get healthy but that's pretty good looking to me.

great goal - I was TOTALLY impressed by Pulisic first touch on that long ball.  That was incredible!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They looked dangerous. Matt Turner is the man. Sucks he's going to be getting very limited minutes (if any) for the rest of the year.....  

Still have Reyna and Dest to fit in. I'm more worried about LB and CB depth than starting forward right now. I think a couple of these guys will make their case going into the world cup.   

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

They looked dangerous. Matt Turner is the man. Sucks he's going to be getting very limited minutes (if any) for the rest of the year.....  

Still have Reyna and Dest to fit in. I'm more worried about LB and CB depth than starting forward right now. I think a couple of these guys will make their case going into the world cup.   

He should see a decent amount of games with Arsenal in the Europa League and the FA & League Cups. Not sure, hell play in the knockout stages, I if Arsenal make it that far in the Europa League, or the later stages of the FA Cup, but hell definitely see time in those competitions in the first half of the season, leading up to the World Cup.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He should see a decent amount of games with Arsenal in the Europa League and the FA & League Cups. Not sure, hell play in the knockout stages, I if Arsenal make it that far in the Europa League, or the later stages of the FA Cup, but hell definitely see time in those competitions in the first half of the season, leading up to the World Cup.

Premier League teams don't start playing in the FA Cup until the third round, which is usually in early January.

Turner will get 6-8 starts for Arsenal before the World Cup, assuming they sell Leno this summer.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Premier League teams don't start playing in the FA Cup until the third round, which is usually in early January.

Turner will get 6-8 starts for Arsenal before the World Cup, assuming they sell Leno this summer.

Sorry, I was thinking the League Cup.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
Interesting quote from Turner:

I have to train at a higher level, Turner told Sam Stejskal of The Athletic recently. The style of play with the Revolution is mighty old school. If theres pressure, we dont really try to play out of it too much. At Arsenal, the goalkeepers are required to play a little bit more with the ball, playing in the system rather than just sort of going out there. They have to follow tactics and game plans a little more closely. Those are things that I know are valued with the national team that Ill be challenged more with Arsenal.

Taken from:
https://www.mlssocce...p-truly-arrives

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

USMNT plays Uruguay soon. And Uruguay is beating Mexico 3-0, with the 3 goals coming in the first ~55 minutes. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

USMNT plays Uruguay soon. And Uruguay is beating Mexico 3-0, with the 3 goals coming in the first ~55 minutes. 

Lol at them thinking they can play in CONMEBOL!

LONG LIVE METRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users