552 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
If you think those 2 are bad, just wait till they expand to 48 teams... Woof.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

If you think those 2 are bad, just wait till they expand to 48 teams... Woof.

Ae you telling me Uzbekistan vs. Guatemala wont be top class soccer....

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Or just watch the matches South Africa played in 8 yrs ago. 1st host to never get past group stage. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

At least ESPN had a lot of people in Brazil. Fox is just sending two announcing crews to Russia... pathetic.

This. And I will miss Michael Ballack 's analysis and arguments with Alexi Lalas. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

in the expanded 48 team tourney, they should make the last few slots into play-in games.  i dont want to see 2 extra asia/oceania/concacaf teams when there are stronger south america or european squads that can make it instead.  hell at this point i would take 8 conmebol teams (sorry venezuela and bolivia) instead of some of these other squads 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

it'll be like March Madness, quite a few ppl will watch every game, but there'll be those whose interest will pick up once a bunch of teams are eliminated. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

watching Russia v Saudi Arabia, im pretty confident we would beat both these teams....

easily the worst two teams ive ever seen play each other at a world cup 

I actually thought Russia looked decent. They hung 5 on the Saudis? They could make a run being the home team and all. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

I figured I could watch game replays on https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ after work but there doesn't seem to be a replay available yet of the first game. Anyone has any ideas if and when replays would be available to stream? Was hoping to avoid having to download the games.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

make the last few slots into play-in games.  i dont want to see 2 extra asia/oceania/concacaf teams when there are stronger south america or european squads ... i would take 8 conmebol teams 

It is entirely possible that the proposed format could have 7 or 8 CONMEBOL qualifiers: 6 automatic, a playoff winner and perhaps a host.
https://en.m.wikiped..._FIFA_World_Cup

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

If you just have the 32 top rated (or soon 48), without geographical dispersion and the accompanying weaker teams, the WC finals will not carry the same national pride and prestige. The global footprint of the WC finals is what makes it so prestigious and inspires nationalistic pride.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

it'll be like March Madness, quite a few ppl will watch every game, but there'll be those whose interest will pick up once a bunch of teams are eliminated. 

Yup. Most eliminations and maybe the odd group game with teams of interest. Cuts it down to about 25-30 games or so.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Ae you telling me Uzbekistan vs. Guatemala wont be top class soccer....

And with 2 out of 3 teams advancing to the knockout, prepare yourself for Sierra Leone vs Bahrain in the next round.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

5:0!  Woooo!  7mGWj0l.gif

https://www.youtube....h?v=FEPA8ShYFoY

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

prepare yourself for Sierra Leone vs Bahrain in the next round.

There will be one European team in each group, and probably a North/South American team. The third team will most likely be African/Asian. So, if SL & Bahrain both manage to qualify in the first place, then one manages to win their group and the other finishes second, I will enjoy a knock-out match of Cinderellas.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Egypt-Uruguay time!
Lots of empty seats in Yekaterinburg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users