Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Torii Hunter going to the Tigers...

And yeah, fuck the Giants...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#2 Johnny Chanclas

Johnny Chanclas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Futbol & Soccer
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, B&G, WBA, Atlas

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Marlins fire sale...wtf?

Posted Image

BTW, eff the Giants.
"If you are going to do something wrong, do it right."

#3 cesar

cesar

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Fuck the Giants. Their championship should have an asterisk. Melky was juiced and found guilty during the season they won. Those victories should be forfeited. Especially the all star game that gave them the home field.

#4 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Speaking of the Giants, I got this emailed to me today.

Dear World Champion Giants Fan,

After the final out of our World Series Championship in Detroit, I watched our players toss their gloves in the air and howl and leap onto each other and hug and wipe away tears. I have been watching and rooting for the Giants almost since birth. I have never seen a team like this one. They were utterly selfless and utterly devoted to each other. They never stopped battling, clawing their way back from the brink of elimination six times in the postseason. Every game was a Frank Capra movie - inspiring heroics, unlikely twists, hard-fought redemption.

As I watched manager Bruce Bochy and his staff spill onto the field, I imagined what was happening in San Francisco. All of us who traveled to Detroit - including every player and coach - knew Coit Tower, the Ferry Building and City Hall were awash in orange light. We knew that fans had filled every inch of Civic Center Plaza to watch Game 4. We knew that throughout the Bay Area, living rooms and pubs were packed with people wearing Panda and Baby Giraffe hats, fake beards and "Vogelstrong" bracelets.

We also knew that no matter how talented the players or how ingenious the manager, no team can win a World Series Championship - much less two in three years - without a little magic.

Our magic is you.

I wish you could hear how our players talk about you, not just with each other but also with players on other teams. Brandon Belt says base runners on first base tell him they've never heard a park as loud as AT&T. Hunter Pence says that Giants fans are "the ultimate motivator.'' Matt Cain calls you their 10th player.

So believe me when I tell you this: Our players carried all of you with them onto the field at Comerica Park. And they were unbeatable.

Like 2010, this World Series Championship was truly a shared victory. So it was humbling during the parade last Wednesday to see fans holding signs saying "Thank You!'' The gratitude is ours. We don't win without you. You filled AT&T Park every game. You supported the players and coaches through the highs and lows. You flooded onto Market Street and into Civic Center Plaza in a celebration that felt like the world's biggest family reunion.

We came away from that unforgettable afternoon even more inspired and energized - and immediately got working on 2013.

Critical to any championship team is the general manager, and in Brian Sabean we have one of the most accomplished in the business. He and his staff continue to be the modern model for baseball operations departments, combining cutting-edge analytics with deeply experienced and stable leadership. With two World Series Championships in three years, Brian solidified his reputation for drafting and developing young talent, finding undervalued players who become critical contributors and constructing a deep and versatile roster.

He has the perfect partner in Bruce Bochy, now universally acknowledged as a master strategist who, having won eight of the nine Giants World Series games he has managed, is surely on his way to a spot in Cooperstown. The 2012 World Series starting lineup had just one position player - Buster Posey - in common with the 2010 World Series starting lineup, underscoring Sabean's ability to identify players who fit the Giants' approach to winning - strong pitching, outstanding defense and timely hitting - and Bochy's ability to meld them into a cohesive unit.

We move into 2013 with great excitement and optimism. The pitching staff - both starters and relievers - continues to be the strength of the team. Matt Cain, the anchor of the staff, keeps getting better, pitching a one-hitter on the home opener, a perfect game on June 13 and earning the win as the starting pitcher in the All-Star Game. He is signed through 2017, ensuring leadership and stability for a long time to come. We have all the starters signed for 2013: Barry Zito, Ryan Vogelsong, Madison Bumgarner and Tim Lincecum. Most of our stellar bullpen will be back, too.

Homegrown players Brandon Crawford and Brandon Belt emerged as solid starters, joining Pablo Sandoval and Buster Posey as core position players who give the Giants a strong foundation into the future. After missing a year to a devastating injury, Buster reclaimed his spot among the elite players in baseball and as the heart and soul of the Giants. He was nothing short of remarkable this season, leading all of baseball with his .336 batting average, leading all National League players with a single-season record of 7,621,370 votes in the All-Star balloting, hit a grand slam in the decisive Game 5 against the Cincinnati Reds to clinch the NLDS, won the Hank Aaron Award as the best offensive player in the National League and was the NL Comeback Player of the Year. He is a finalist for the NL's Most Valuable Player, which will be announced tomorrow, November 15.

Despite two stints on the disabled list this season, Pablo showed his star power by hitting three home runs in his first three at-bats of the World Series, batted .500 during the four-game sweep and earning the Series' Most Valuable Player Award.

In all, we are now accustomed to high expectations and rest assured, the day after we returned from Detroit with the World Series trophy, we were back at work analyzing ways to make the 2013 team even better.

On behalf of Brian, Bruce, the players and everyone at the San Francisco Giants, thank you for your tireless support. Thank you for taking us into your lives like family. Thank you for making us better.

We look forward to seeing you at FanFest in February!

Laurence M. Baer
President and Chief Executive Officer
San Francisco Giants

And all the seasons Gagne and 80 PERCENT OF HIS TEAMMATES were juicing should have asterisks next to their World Series championships. Oh wait.

#5 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#6 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

And all the seasons Gagne and 80 PERCENT OF HIS TEAMMATES were juicing should have asterisks next to their World Series championships. Oh wait.

HOW DARE YOU!!

The only thing Jose Lima was on was Valtrex for the herpes...

May he rest in peace andhiswifehadamazingboobs...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#7 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

For the record, the Steroid Era in baseball bummed me out big time and once Bonds' use was pretty much undeniable I stopped watching baseball, including the Giants, for years (the Galaxy helped fill the hole in my heart). It wasn't just him either. Santiago, Benard... it was a problem in that clubhouse. (And the Dodgers one as well... lots of clubhouses).

Melky pissed me off big time this year and it would have been very difficult for me to get into this postseason if it weren't for the one fact that the first day of his suspension, the Giants & Dodgers were tied, 64-53. I was pretty sure that we were toast along with everybody else. But....

• Giants winning percentage before Melky left: .547. After he left: .667.
  • Giants record after he left: 30-15. Dodgers record after he left: 21-24.
  • The Dodgers record against the Giants after Melky left: 3-6.

Forget the NL West entirely, the Dodgers still could have easily taken a wildcard spot which had nothing to do with Melky, but the real truth is that their trades were a complete nightmare. The Victorino one worried me but I knew instantly that the Boston trade was the end to their season and really could end up hurting them for a few years to come. Shane ended up sucking too. It was a very, very bad series of decisions.

The Giants knocked the Dodgers out of wildcard contention at the end of the season, and Melky was at home on his couch.

#8 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

For the record, the Steroid Era in baseball bummed me out big time ...

Everyone was using... But there was far worse shit in the history of the game...

The scariest thing about the era is how much is lingering still in the HS level... To this day there is NO DRUG TESTING at the HS level... Kids are bulking up using HGH and estrogen/testosterone cycles and cycle off once they get locked into a school... NCAA is starting to take note of this like crazy but the kids are usually clean by the time they get to their freshman year...

As a matter of fact, CA courts have struck down this...

In May 2009, in Brown v. Shasta Union High School District, a California state court judge struck down the district’s random, suspicionless drug-testing policy for students involved in extracurricular activities, drawing a distinction between participation in athletics in which students expect increased scrutiny of their physical status and activities such as band, choir and academic clubs where scrutiny of bodily condition is unexpected and irrelevant. Unlike the 1995 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Board of Education v. Earls, which interpreted the federal constitution as permitting drug testing of all students involved in extracurricular activities, the California judge decided that such testing schemes violate the explicit privacy protections incorporated into the California state constitution. The Shasta case is the most recent in a series of state court decisions that have struck down school drug-testing programs by ruling that the controlling state constitution provides greater privacy protections than does the U.S. Constitution.

It's a problem that I don't think will go away soon... Especially as ESPN, FOXSports and other entities increase the audience and exposure for HS sports...
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

#9 Johnny Chanclas

Johnny Chanclas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Futbol & Soccer
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, B&G, WBA, Atlas

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I will say that I do not like the SF Giants condoning steroid use by giving Melky a ring and putting his name on all kinds of World Series merchandise. No Bueno.
"If you are going to do something wrong, do it right."

#10 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Fuck you Josh

#11 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Melky is now a Blue Jay...

En espanyol turds!
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

#12 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Melky is now a Blue Jay...

En espanyol turds!

que?

#13 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Dodgers close to signing a $7 Billion/25 year deal with Fox.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#14 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Dodgers close to signing a $7 Billion/25 year deal with Fox.

Hopefully it happens. If the Doyers stay on Fox, the Galaxy will have less summer competition for airtime on Sportsnet. Opening the door for more Galaxy specific programming! Or more likely, more replays of classic lakers moments...

#15 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Greinke to LA for a little bit of money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users