• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

The 'father time is undefeated' phrase is bogus and you are cherry picking numbers here in an attempt to make BWP look worse than he was.

In MLS alone, the following players off the top of my head have defeated father time in recent years:

Ibrahimovic
Henry
Villa
Lampard
Kaka
Rimando
Di Vaio
Beckham
Keane

Grelladhino submitting LAMPARDs name as evidence ?   ROFLOL

I would be very curious if NYRB offered nothing or just so low that they could not come to agreement.  If he was back on 350K how is that not good unless they have orders to go full youth movement. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
After seeing that Robles video id assume he would have taken less money if offered.

Hes going to be opening day starter for some team in MLS.

BWP will also find work in mls At the right price hes a safe gamble. Hell have a full offseason to recover.

Im fine giving the GK keys to Meara but i have zero faith in Hamlet replacing BWP

5 year plan

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

How many of them are still playing?  You can fight Father Time, but you can't beat him.

That's a silly argument to make. Of course players will have to retire eventually. But to say 'father time is undefeated' is false.

Are you gonna say father time defeated Tom Brady after he retires too?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Grelladhino submitting LAMPARDs name as evidence ?   ROFLOL

I would be very curious if NYRB offered nothing or just so low that they could not come to agreement.  If he was back on 350K how is that not good unless they have orders to go full youth movement. 

Lampard scored a dozen goals in his final season with NYCFC. But father time, right?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The 'father time is undefeated' phrase is bogus and you are cherry picking numbers here in an attempt to make BWP look worse than he was.

In MLS alone, the following players off the top of my head have defeated father time in recent years:

Ibrahimovic
Henry
Villa
Lampard
Kaka
Rimando
Di Vaio
Beckham
Keane

Lmao you just named a bunch of guys who were international superstars. The fact that Henry and Kaka crushed it in MLS doesn't mean they didn't decline. It just means they were so fucking good that their decline left them still great by MLS standards. This would be like a 36-year-old former NBA superstar puttting up great numbers in Spain. I doesn't mean he's just as good as ever. It means the league quality is lower.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

That's a silly argument to make. Of course players will have to retire eventually. But to say 'father time is undefeated' is false.

yes

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Yes, I will, because even Tom Brady can't go on forever.   He's put up an impressive fight, but in the end, he will lose.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I don't get Robles and BWP at worst keep them on and renegotiate for less money with the idea that they will get additions that will help those players win a championship.. Sell them the idea that hey stay and be part of the group that finally wins even if maybe you aren't the starter or the every game starter and if you take less money than it'll be worth it because the team will get better and you'll be apart of a championship side...

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't get Robles and BWP at worst keep them on and renegotiate for less money with the idea that they will get additions that will help those players win a championship.. Sell them the idea that hey stay and be part of the group that finally wins even if maybe you aren't the starter or the every game starter and if you take less money than it'll be worth it because the team will get better and you'll be apart of a championship side...

Who's to say they didn't try?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Yes, I will, because even Tom Brady can't go on forever.   He's put up an impressive fight, but in the end, he will lose.

So basically father time will never be defeated because you can keep moving the goalposts around to say 'X player was defeated at ____ age'. A guy could play into his 90s and you would still say father time defeated him. Lol

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Lampard scored a dozen goals in his final season with NYCFC. But father time, right?

trolls gonna TROLL

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Lmao you just named a bunch of guys who were international superstars. The fact that Henry and Kaka crushed it in MLS doesn't mean they didn't decline. It just means they were so fucking good that their decline left them still great by MLS standards. This would be like a 36-year-old former NBA superstar puttting up great numbers in Spain. I doesn't mean he's just as good as ever. It means the league quality is lower.

Keep moving the goalposts to support the bogus claim...

David Silva turns 34 in January and is still performing at a very high level.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

trolls gonna TROLL

Well if that's your response then you got nothing to say and are just too embarrassed to admit the L on this one. Twelve goals at that age...any team would take that.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
As long as the team is put in the best position to win MLS cup then i dont care if Clint Eastwood is scoring the goals for us as long as he can score/play well.

Even Barcelona has a mix of vets and young players.

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Who's to say they didn't try?

I would think those negiot still be ongoing and wouldn't be saying that they've parted ways already
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users