#16 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well, I don't think that Villareal was ready to be made a DP, but I agree it's a poor move from the G's.  The source of the problem is our salary overall.  We have a ton of money tied up in players who just aren't worth their salaries (Stephens @ 106, Rogers @ 90).  The G's are just trying to dump players to open up space for other maneuvers.  With 3 DPs on the team already, that's more than a third of the team's budget.  Makes it very difficult to afford the players that will turn into the guys we need them to be in the long run.

Sad to see Villareal go, but I hope he makes a ton of money and improves to the point he could called up to the Nats.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#17 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

think there needs to be a secondset of DP players (3) for each team.  Cath is, they have to have been designated as their homegrown product.

#18 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

I know no one is bigger than the club but good grief, seeing Villareal go to Cruz Azul was a kick in the balls. Homegrown player, young American talent, was he unhappy in L.A.? We get no coverage here. What's going on? Does wonkey eye G's reporter have anything on this? Grrr. Fucking MLS. 

Let's Eat!

#19 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

I know no one is bigger than the club but good grief, seeing Villareal go to Cruz Azul was a kick in the balls. Homegrown player, young American talent, was he unhappy in L.A.? We get no coverage here. What's going on? Does wonkey eye G's reporter have anything on this? Grrr. Fucking MLS. 

I think there are several things happening here...

1. With three DP's, other players getting serious money, and the need to resign Sarvas - the team doesn't have a lot of room under the cap.

2. Bruce seems to prefer to fit established players into his system than to bring along young players.

3. Going to Cruz Azul is a great opportunity for Villareal and he will will probably develop faster as a player there, especially as the kind of player he is.  Also, he will make a lot more money if the loan turns into a sale

4. His style didn't complement Rogers very well, and it's clear that the G's are trying to build around Robbie's style of play [/trolling]

#20 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

To my eyes, Villarreal hasn't shown much growth. With the G's and with the YNT, he was underwelming to me. And, he always seemed to be in Robbie's space. I'm not particularly sad to see him move on. More PT will be good for Jose. Plus, seems like there are other players coming up through the academy.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#21 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I am still pissed at how the homegrown player program works.  To summarize:  we are now going to be farm teams for the FMF.  Please call me out if I am wrong, but we are constantly going to be at cap, and then when a homegrown player 'graduates' out of the non- cap application stage . . .  we sell or just loan him out for later sale.

Correct me if I am wrong.

F-U-C-K

#22 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

G's sign brazilian forward "Samuel"from Fluminense (BRA) on loan for a season

LA announced the acquisition of 22-year-old Brazilian forward Samuel on a year-long loan from Brazil’s Fluminense on Tuesday. The 6-foot-1 center target striker who tallied 15 goals in 72 appearances over the last two years with the Fluzão will be added to the Galaxy’s roster pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and his P-1 Visa

#23 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

G's sign brazilian forward "Samuel"from Fluminense (BRA) on loan for a season

LA announced the acquisition of 22-year-old Brazilian forward Samuel on a year-long loan from Brazil’s Fluminense on Tuesday. The 6-foot-1 center target striker who tallied 15 goals in 72 appearances over the last two years with the Fluzão will be added to the Galaxy’s roster pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and his P-1 Visa

I wonder what the salary impact will be?  The previous loans from Brazil have been relatively cheap.

#24 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Bruce mentioned this or next week another striker could arrive

“We're going to follow up this week with probably another player who can play in that position as well,” head coach Bruce Arena told reporters at Tuesday's US national team training session at StubHub Center. “We're trying to shore up our target position.

#25 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

I'd guess between 100 and 200k, not that guessing helps much tough.

these moves seems to indicate that Donovan and Zardes will be used as wide players mostly or the later one as a sub

wide player: Donovan, Zardes, Rogers, Jimenez

central players: Sarvas, Juninho, Husidic, Garcia, Stephens

#26 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I'd guess between 100 and 200k, not that guessing helps much tough.

these moves seems to indicate that Donovan and Zardes will be used as wide players mostly or the later one as a sub

wide player: Donovan, Zardes, Rogers, Jimenez

central players: Sarvas, Juninho, Husidic, Garcia, Stephens

Right.  Bruce seems to like the empty bucket, so we'll probably see...

Sarvas, Juninho

Zardes, Donovan

Samuel, Keane

#27 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Anyone ever seen this new guy play?  I pray to god it isn't another Pando or Naldo (was that his name)?  Naldo should have been Nalgas, because he played like shit.

#28 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Not really indicative of anything, but I'm glad we're making some moves.

We're one for 3 with Brazilian league players under Bruce. We'll see...

#29 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

multiple german sites and sources report that the G's have signed tall (6.4 ft) canuck forward Rob Friend, most recently @ Eintracht Frankfurt and 1860 Munich.

#30 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

multiple german sites and sources report that the G's have signed tall (6.4 ft) canuck forward Rob Friend, most recently @ Eintracht Frankfurt and 1860 Munich.

Bruce is still looking for Brian McBride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users