40 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
If you wanna go to a Nets game though you have to use their testing system, they won't be accepting other tests. I have no idea if anyone's health insurance would cover that though since its technically a voluntary test.

Every team/city is most likely going to be different too, Florida and Texas aren't requiring tests for events and they have been running events for months and months now.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

If you wanna go to a Nets game though you have to use their testing system, they won't be accepting other tests. I have no idea if anyone's health insurance would cover that though since its technically a voluntary test.

Every team/city is most likely going to be different too, Florida and Texas aren't requiring tests for events and they have been running events for months and months now.

And have there been any major issues with those events? No.

The Nets asking fans to pay $200 just for tests is insane. They can totally eat that cost themselves.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

And have there been any major issues with those events? No.

Did I say there was?

I just said every place is gonna be different in terms of what they require to be allowed in. Teams around here are charging money for tests and other states you can just buy a ticket and go right in.

It's all a hard pass from me because none of this shit is normal and I don't have any interest in returning until we get back to actual normalcy.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Sports venues can reopen March 1st in New Jersey. 10% capacity for indoor, 15% for outdoor. That would be 3,750 people for RBA, though it's possible the cap increases by the time opening day arrives.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

not to beat a dead joke here but--

so were operating at the exact same number of buts in seats as ever just the FO wont be able to lie about it?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sports venues can reopen ... 15% for outdoor ... 3,750

https://www.nj.com/c...urphy-says.html
OTOH, if soccer is religion & RBA its cathedral:
https://www.nj.com/c...urphy-says.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Don't care since I don't plan on attending either way but just surprised that NJ isn't requiring negative tests since Murphy and Cuomo have been on the same page about a lot of this stuff.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The front office has a bigger problem than COVID affecting ticket sales. Their roster doesnt exactly excite.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Not requiring the pricey tests is probably a relief for Red Bull. I doubt anybody is going to pay Nets-style testing prices to watch Barlow and Clark as the marquee players.

In Florida I don't think they have the tests and it doesn't appear to be an issue there. They have been having games this entire time and are recording fewer covid positives than pro-lockdown states like New York.

Even in NYC, not sure if you have been out lately but restaurants/breweries are clearly ignoring the 25% capacity limit since they have been so decimated by the lockdowns and are trying to recoup their losses. I've seen places over the last week stuffed with what had to be at least 75% indoor dining/taproom capacity. I think the owners realize the liquor authority or health inspectors aren't going to stop by in 30-degree snowy weather for an impromptu check. The state already has too many issues to take care of.

Knicks and Rangers aren't requiring the $200 testing like the Nets, just a negative test from wherever. It's always possible that NY decides to drop it soon too.

Florida, Texas, Indiana, Arizona aren't requiring tests and some of those have been running events for months.

Personally for me I just don't have any interest in paying money to wear a mask(I'm not anti-mask, I'll wear it to the store, doctor, etc) and experience a lackluster atmosphere. I'd rather save the money and hassle and watch from home for now.

As a season ticket holder for the Red Bulls and Devils ill be staying home until we actually get back to a real normal. I'd consider changing my mind for a big playoff game but I'm really not concerned about that happening for either team as well lol

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

I mean I've been to some absolute shitters over the years, April, still cold, playing against Colorado on a Wednesday, and I've still enjoyed them. The atmosphere isn't really and issue for me, as long as the walk to the seats is handled well I don't think I'd have any real covid-safety concerns either.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Devils sent out an email... not sure how they are going to actually enforce this but if they somehow do will definitely affect people as well... 

"Fans will be able to attend with only those who they currently live with defined as a household."

Not copying and pasting the whole email but season ticket holders have first dibs on tickets, I have a window when I can purchase tickets but since I have an odd number of seats I'd either have to leave someone home or eat a ticket. Not something I'm going to complain about since I'm not buying tickets but that's definitely going to affect some people.

Here's the rest of the important stuff...

Following the Devils Black and Red Membership priority window, all remaining tickets will be released to the general public on Friday, February 26th at 11AM. Information on how to purchase tickets for games beyond the month of March will be communicated at a later date.

The Devils and Prudential Center have diligently worked with local health and government officials to implement industry-leading standards and protocols to ensure your safety. The Prudential Center Pledgeoutlines all that weve done to prepare for the return of fans to the venue as well as what we need you to do to keep you and your fellow patrons safe.

Some of the key initiatives include:

Temperature checks of all guests entering the building 

Mask wearing at all times (except while actively eating or drinking in your assigned seat)

Hand sanitizer dispensing stations readily available 

Staggered entry and exit process to enhance social distancing

A no bag policy to reduce contact upon your entrance

Mobile ticketing to ensure a contactless entry 

6 socially distanced seating neighborhoods

Contactless payment options starting with your parking experience and throughout the arena 

Additional Guest Services Members who are specifically trained to ensure compliance for our fans regarding all health and safety protocols 

Fans can order concessions items via their mobile device, with individually wrapped, single-serve menu options available for contactless pickup in sealed bags. Please note that there are no all-inclusive seating options currently at Prudential Center

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users