2015: 50
2016: 74
2017: 64
2018: 74
2019: 74
2020: 30
2021: 42
2022: 24

50 goals less than 3 of our other seasons. Yes, it was that bad this year.

Can't believe you stayed with them all season.

I have up maybe 15% into the season and watched maybe 1/2 after that. I have no idea how demoralized the players must have been Turing up every week to get totally killed - awful awful development.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

I have up maybe 15% into the season and watched maybe 1/2 after that. I have no idea how demoralized the players must have been Turing up every week to get totally killed - awful awful development.

Why were they still in USL Championship last year and not MLS Next Pro? I know a few other reserve sides were still up in USL but dont know reason behind it.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Supports:Metro

besides Roald Mitchell do we have HG rights to any notable college guys?  Did we lose Strouds HG rights when he went to West Ham before Duke?

we still have those we were close to signing him last year

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Why were they still in USL Championship last year and not MLS Next Pro? I know a few other reserve sides were still up in USL but dont know reason behind it.

The business side made a lot of investment into making MSU USLC compliant. The sporting side thought they would have been more competitive and setting up players for success more in USL than NextPro. Loudoun needs to stay in USL due to an agreement with the upgrades the town spent on the stadium and in turn requiring D2 status.

Still not sure what is happening with Montreal. MLS required teams to pivot this year but from what I have heard Montreal won't participate and Loudoun has the stadium issue.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts

More kudos to the guys in The Rampage like Keith, Mark, Kevin, Bobby, etc... who showed up to every match knowing what Ibra was working with.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
Still no announcements on who is leaving.
My choices:

Keep and promote:
O'Vonte Mullings

Keep and trial with first team for preseason:
Juan Castillo
Curtis Ofori

Keep:
Henry Wise
Giannis Nikopolidis

Toss up:
Stiven Plaza
Omar Valencia
Daniel De Leon

Waive:
Derrek Chan
Jordan Adebayo-Smith (loan end)
John Murphy Jr.
Jonathan Filipe
Michael Knapp
Lamine Conte
Yostin Salinas

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Still no announcements on who is leaving.
My choices:

Keep and promote:
O'Vonte Mullings

Keep and trial with first team for preseason:
Juan Castillo
Curtis Ofori

Keep:
Henry Wise
Giannis Nikopolidis

Toss up:
Stiven Plaza
Omar Valencia
Daniel De Leon

Waive:
Derrek Chan
Jordan Adebayo-Smith (loan end)
John Murphy Jr.
Jonathan Filipe
Omar Valencia
Michael Knapp
Lamine Conte
Yostin Salinas

I wouldnt keep anyone but ofori ovonte and Juan. Nikopolidis is a toss up and I can go either way. Im not against signing a more veteran goalkeeper with rutkowski as the back up

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts

I wouldnt keep anyone but ofori ovonte and Juan. Nikopolidis is a toss up and I can go either way. Im not against signing a more veteran goalkeeper with rutkowski as the back up

I thought Wise played well enough for another year, especially with how late he joined. Very vocal, was in the right spaces off the ball, great pedigree. Thought he was a more mature version of Sam Williams.

On the toss ups:
If none return, I wouldn't be surprised. Plaza only took 3 shots in 400+ minutes and scored on one of them so tough to gauge if he'd do any better with better players around him. He was often a non-factor. Valencia I thought was alright, another late join. De Leon was awful to start the season but I think he improved quite a bit throughout the year.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

I thought Wise played well enough for another year, especially with how late he joined. Very vocal, was in the right spaces off the ball, great pedigree. Thought he was a more mature version of Sam Williams.

On the toss ups:
If none return, I wouldn't be surprised. Plaza only took 3 shots in 400+ minutes and scored on one of them so tough to gauge if he'd do any better with better players around him. He was often a non-factor. Valencia I thought was alright, another late join. De Leon was awful to start the season but I think he improved quite a bit throughout the year.

my evaluation is more so I think they have tools that can push to the first team? I dont see it with any of them. I think they probably succeed at signing Peter stroud this off-season thats another cm. Nate worth will get minutes bento will get minutes. They have Seth Kuhn rights as well and I expect him to join post college season he spent time in the summer training. So the cm spots fill up pretty quickly.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts

my evaluation is more so I think they have tools that can push to the first team? I dont see it with any of them. I think they probably succeed at signing Peter stroud this off-season thats another cm. Nate worth will get minutes bento will get minutes. They have Seth Kuhn rights as well and I expect him to join post college season he spent time in the summer training. So the cm spots fill up pretty quickly.

That's fair. With Sam Williams waiting in the wings and a pretty full first team, it does make a guy like Wise expendable.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
Former NYRBII defenders, Edgardo Rito & Wahab Ackwei named to the USL Championship's Best XI First Team and Second Team, respectively. No NYRBII defenders (or any players) who allowed 76 goals, received honors.

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,045 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Former NYRBII defenders, Edgardo Rito & Wahab Ackwei named to the USL Championship's Best XI First Team and Second Team, respectively. No NYRBII defenders (or any players) who allowed 76 goals, received honors.

Both are already 26 and still in USL.   Not many Aaron Long stories' out there, where players that age turn into solid MLS contributors, or maybe I'm just not aware of them.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Folks didnt like castellanos but I would sign him to a rb2 contract. He is only 18. A few years in rb 2 could turn him from a dud to a stud.

Anyone above 22 years old should be given a trial with the first team. Its sink or swim time for those player. If they are any good, they should get a contract with the first team. If not, they should get cut. The only exception I would make to this rule is if there was a really good character/mentor guy for these kids who can teach them how to be a pro.

We should keep anyone under 22 years of age and sign the best 15-18 year olds from the academy. The team should also tap into the carribean and central American market to recruit u18 prospects

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts
With moving to MLS next what are roster rules?
Are their age limits or is it just generally younger teams?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,045 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Folks didnt like castellanos but I would sign him to a rb2 contract. He is only 18. A few years in rb 2 could turn him from a dud to a stud.

Anyone above 22 years old should be given a trial with the first team. Its sink or swim time for those player. If they are any good, they should get a contract with the first team. If not, they should get cut. The only exception I would make to this rule is if there was a really good character/mentor guy for these kids who can teach them how to be a pro.

We should keep anyone under 22 years of age and sign the best 15-18 year olds from the academy. The team should also tap into the carribean and central American market to recruit u18 prospects

Few guys on RB2 will ever make it to RB1.  You still need a full roster of adults  to practice with and compete to allow the high potential prospects develop.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users