Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we win 2-1 or 2-0 down in ATL. only team that was in the playoffs that scared me was cbus. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Time to go down to Megatron's Butthole and put us up on away goals. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
The NFL cliche is it is tough to beat the same team 3x in one season. Not sure if that is true in soccer, but the quality Atlanta has is certainly scary. You do not get to 69 points in this league by accident. We were able to get away with no road goals against Cbus, but I do not think that shit will fly against Atlanta. If we can get out of there at 2-2, 2-1 (either direction), or 1-0 (good guys), I like our chances.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The schedule is terrible rewarding the higher seed with a Weeknight game on 3 days rest.

Exciting matchup - ATL is very good and dangerous team but then again so are we. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Way too much fucking confidence going on in here

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

But what fun would our annual playoff bed-shitting be if we weren't completely gutted?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Seriously, especially compared to the mood after last week. Some significant swings after each result. A lot will depend whether we play in Atlanta like we did last night or 8 days ago.

Atl is probably the only team in the league that is close to us player by player, and they might even be better. It will be a very tough matchup, and I'd say they are slight favorites.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I just want away goals, we overcame it with Columbus but I don't want to test that again against Atlanta.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Seriously, especially compared to the mood after last week. Some significant swings after each result. A lot will depend whether we play in Atlanta like we did last night or 8 days ago.

Atl is probably the only team in the league that is close to us player by player, and they might even be better. It will be a very tough matchup, and I'd say they are slight favorites.

I agree with everything but "slight favorites".  In their house perhaps, but not over two games where home field evens out. I don't rely on odds, too close to take any comfort. It will be a great matchup and whomever (hopefully us) comes out on top will have earned it. This round against Atlanta is "final" in my mind.

We have a strong record at home, so if we make it to the Cup finals that does make us the favorite. That doesn't guarantee a win, however.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

There's also the lovely factor of Kaku, Almiron, and Villalba playing an international friendly for paraguay on the 20th.  

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Treating this as a final is incredibly stupid. KC is a strong team, and if Portland beats them, that means they have a few effective answers to pressing.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Just take care of business in Atlanta. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

The NFL cliche is it is tough to beat the same team 3x in one season. Not sure if that is true in soccer, but the quality Atlanta has is certainly scary. You do not get to 69 points in this league by accident. We were able to get away with no road goals against Cbus, but I do not think that shit will fly against Atlanta. If we can get out of there at 2-2, 2-1 (either direction), or 1-0 (good guys), I like our chances.

Think what we have going for us is that we showed them different looks both times we played them and for the most part if we clog the midfield everything tends to fall apart quickly for Atlanta from Josef all the way to Tata. 

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Treating this as a final is incredibly stupid. KC is a strong team, and if Portland beats them, that means they have a few effective answers to pressing.

Well it is the Eastern Conference Final....

Anyways, just Press the fck out of them and they'll collapse.  

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I think our team should have confidence that we've seen Atlanta and beaten them, but not so much confidence that they can just roll the ball out there & win. If we play like we did away at Columbus, we could lose big.  If we can play 180 minutes like we did last night with that energy and passion, I think we'll win.  Atlanta has proven they are talented; I don't think they have yet proven they are mentally tough (last game vs. TFC to win the shield, for instance). They have more weapons than Columbus, but I was more worried by Berhalter than Martino, strange though that may be in the scheme of things considering resumes, etc., but Berhalter has beaten us, Martino has not. I feel like we'll lose 2-1 there and win 2-0 here. Fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users