Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
You are no authority on fandom. The faster you understand that, the less of a cunt you'll be.

Being a blind supporter of a sports team without venting is beyond dumb. Some take it too far, but that doesn't make that person a non-fan.

In your world it does. Glad I live on Planet Earth.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

No, you're wrong.

End of story.

Shut your yob.

/thread

You're wrong.

End of story.

/thread

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther,
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,
Let's call the whole thing off!
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto,
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

You are no authority on fandom. The faster you understand that, the less of a cunt you'll be.

Being a blind supporter of a sports team without venting is beyond dumb. Some take it too far, but that doesn't make that person a non-fan.

God, you are such a douche.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Posted Image

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
So, is the thread now "Nobody likes us; we don't like each other"?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

ha ... I like that line.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

ha ... I like that line.

I do too. It reminds me of The Way of the Gun.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

People who piss all over the team aren't fans, so don't even pretend they are.

This isn't North Korea, though. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion that may at times differ from the PR line being fed from the RBNY speaker in the morale officer's lounge. Doesn't mean they are running around trying to put their friend's & fellow fan's faces into the manure. Just doesn't.

What people who complain about people booing (online or in stadium) miss is that most people don't show up to boo. They go negative when the product is inferior, when it doesn't live up to the expectations of salary & potential. Yes, there are always a handful of negative people out there, this is NY, but people want the team to win. If they didn't, they largely speaking would't care enough to post, or show up to games.

Being NY, and not Kansas City, when they fail, they get called out. Mickey Mantle got booed in NYC, so will Hans Backe, etc. For someone to constantly deny their achievement is wrong, but so is constantly making excuses for their failures, or having a go at others for speaking objectively of their failures. If we'd have EVER had a season like LA just had, you'd see a lot less negativity. If we won a title, the team would get cut some slack.

Would there still be a small minority out there being dicks? Yes, but 95% of us ARE NOT in that category, Eleazar especially. Calling out everyone who isn't a Kool-Aid drinking (Jim Jones reference, you can google it) homer for being "unsupportive" is to reveal yourself for being unable to grasp the point, and the prevalence of the feeling you are attempting to rebel against. Authority on fandom or not.

As a fan base, are we more than a bit morose? Sure. But, in 16 years of this team being in existence, they are 0 for 32 in cups. (0 for 48 if you include supporters shield). This team's leadership (coach/GM) had a very good 2010, an awful 2011, and seem to be generally speaking killing it this off-season. Signs are positive for this year, but in all honesty, rooting for this team is the triumph of hope over experience. Living with that pain has made us who we are, and that's a fan base that, at times, dwells on it's failure. But, the opposite is just a bad. To parade around like winners in spite of not winning anything would get us called out the same way Rex Ryan has been this off-season for having a mouth that wrote checks his win % couldn't cash. Is that really better?

Lumping fans who call it like they see it into the same bucket with people who only show up to boo is to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because Eleazar doesn't waive his pom pom when you want him to doesn't mean he pisses all over the team. Cause he doesn't.

And, as an aside, I frankly never understood the inability to grasp the irony behind singing the "No one likes us we don't care" chant. Nothing personal against anyone who sings it, just that if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't be actively telling someone you didn't. You'd just ignore them. It's like being a 5 year old, running around telling someone that you're ignoring them. All actions to the contrary.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

This isn't North Korea, though. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion that may at times differ from the PR line being fed from the RBNY speaker in the morale officer's lounge. Doesn't mean they are running around trying to put their friend's & fellow fan's faces into the manure. Just doesn't.

What people who complain about people booing (online or in stadium) miss is that most people don't show up to boo. They go negative when the product is inferior, when it doesn't live up to the expectations of salary & potential. Yes, there are always a handful of negative people out there, this is NY, but people want the team to win. If they didn't, they largely speaking would't care enough to post, or show up to games.

Being NY, and not Kansas City, when they fail, they get called out. Mickey Mantle got booed in NYC, so will Hans Backe, etc. For someone to constantly deny their achievement is wrong, but so is constantly making excuses for their failures, or having a go at others for speaking objectively of their failures. If we'd have EVER had a season like LA just had, you'd see a lot less negativity. If we won a title, the team would get cut some slack.

Would there still be a small minority out there being dicks? Yes, but 95% of us ARE NOT in that category, Eleazar especially. Calling out everyone who isn't a Kool-Aid drinking (Jim Jones reference, you can google it) homer for being "unsupportive" is to reveal yourself for being unable to grasp the point, and the prevalence of the feeling you are attempting to rebel against. Authority on fandom or not.

As a fan base, are we more than a bit morose? Sure. But, in 16 years of this team being in existence, they are 0 for 32 in cups. (0 for 48 if you include supporters shield). This team's leadership (coach/GM) had a very good 2010, an awful 2011, and seem to be generally speaking killing it this off-season. Signs are positive for this year, but in all honesty, rooting for this team is the triumph of hope over experience. Living with that pain has made us who we are, and that's a fan base that, at times, dwells on it's failure. But, the opposite is just a bad. To parade around like winners in spite of not winning anything would get us called out the same way Rex Ryan has been this off-season for having a mouth that wrote checks his win % couldn't cash. Is that really better?

Lumping fans who call it like they see it into the same bucket with people who only show up to boo is to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because Eleazar doesn't waive his pom pom when you want him to doesn't mean he pisses all over the team. Cause he doesn't.

And, as an aside, I frankly never understood the inability to grasp the irony behind singing the "No one likes us we don't care" chant. Nothing personal against anyone who sings it, just that if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't be actively telling someone you didn't. You'd just ignore them. It's like being a 5 year old, running around telling someone that you're ignoring them. All actions to the contrary.

0 for 49 if you count the CCL.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

rooting for this team is the triumph of hope over experience

:cheers:
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the triumph of hope over experience

Actually, this is Samuel Johnson's opinion of second marriages.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

insert jokes about douches, insertions and women IrishApple's related to.

EDIT - allow me to retract that. sorry, that was a bit offside.

Posted Image

so your line about me being such a douche...does that mean you're doing your best Cornwallis impersonation?

Posted Image

If so...feel free to sail the fuck on home, then.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Having positive / negative views about a team does not make you a fan.

Investing time, resources, and energy into a team is what makes you a fan.

Remember that GingerApple.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users