9 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Sadly no, it doesnt appear that go90 has archives so right now my only options is hoping the game pops up on rojadirect or americansocceraechives as

If anyone has any ideas on how to watch this the day after please let me know!

Dont sweat it, this tournament is a total goof. Pathetically run and useless. Its a complete embarrassment to our federation. I literally could care less about this tournament. It means absolutely nothing to me

Total shame because it has the potential to be a really fun tournament.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Dont sweat it, this tournament is a total goof. Pathetically run and useless. Its a complete embarrassment to our federation. I literally could care less about this tournament. It means absolutely nothing to me

Total shame because it has the potential to be a really fun tournament.

Total apathy really does solve all of life's problems, doesn't it?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Total apathy really does solve all of life's problems, doesn't it?

Knockout stage of Champions League. Looking forward to the big game between Chelsea vs. Barcelona.

The game is being played in early August and its Barcelonas pre-season. Chelsea are already 6 weeks into the season and their players are match fit.

Also, the teams have made tons of transfers. So, the players who helped during qualifying rounds like Neymar arent on the team anymore. But its a knockout stage game, woo hoo!

Also, a team that finished 19th out of 22 and was only 2 point out of finishing dead last in bbt leauge qualifies for Champions League. That team didnt win the cup or anything else. They somehow qualified through some convoluted rule which applied 2 seasons ago. Thats Champions League??? Hello Rapids.

When somebody throws me a complete turd but wraps it in a shiny wrapper called Champions League, I actually take the time to analyze it and think for myself. I dont just smile, unwrap it, and eat it all down because the people running it think Im a lab rat who will eat whatever shot they serve.

This tournament is a goof to me and I call it out. Others may love it and are perfectly welcomed to.

Im not really apathetic, Im angry at the Federation for serving up this turd sandwich. Im not eating it.

But thats just me. I wont comment further because I dont want to detract from other peoples fun who might enjoy this tournament.

I just had to get that off my chest.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I just had to get that off my chest.

Feel better now?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Ill feel better when they make it a real tournament.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
He ain't wrong though. It's frustrating that so many competitions are executed in ways that minimize their quality/impact/relevance. Open Cup doesn't get enough hype and love, and how long do MLS playoffs take?

To be an American soccer fan is to steadily root for the growth of the sport's popularity, while taking a steady diet of L's. It's not unlike being a Knicks fan.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
......and I was at Knicks games when Eddie Lee Wilkins was playing center.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

What a clown shoes post...

"It's blah blah blah TO ME.. waah waah wahh"

You made this garbage thread about you and what you feel.Which is fine. you're allowed to have an opinion, no matter how ignorant it is... It just Means YOU and your Euro snobness is part of the problem. You don't like the tournament because it's not shiny with garbage, fine. But no one really cares.

You're the type of fan that makes MLS fans and the league a joke. This should be a great tournament for all involved and should be an honor to compete in. Just like the libertadores or UEFA CL. How can you really feel pride or anything for your team if you're shutting down this tournament that has REAL repercussions to play in a big tournament like the Club World Cup? To be the first MLS team to do so.

I mean, I don't think the Metros make it to the final or win, but it's still nice to cheer hard for them in these games and be prideful we made it to the quarters. 

I'm just happy that America and Metro are on 2 opposite sides of the bracket. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I don't think you understood his point. What he's saying is that the way the tournament is designed and structured makes it hard to take seriously. And as much as I would be elated to win it I can't deny he has a point. Like why are they holding the next round literally less than a week after the last one concluded? That's nuts.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

why are they holding the next round literally less than a week after the last one concluded? That's nuts.

Did the format change create fixture congestion, considering leagues & cups, that compressed these two rounds into one month? Especially for the Mexican clubs?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users