JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Even if it's not grounded who cares.

Dream all you want. But, saying that fans should demand the acquisition of players, is pure fantasy.

It's a message board forum about players we'd like to see join our favorite team.

It certainly is the silly season. So, I am bemused about those who fancy themselves GM or coach.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Dream all you want. But, saying that fans should demand the acquisition of players, is pure fantasy.

It certainly is the silly season. So, I am bemused about those who fancy themselves GM or coach.

If you don't like the conversation topic no one is forcing you to participate.
Talking about Random players you'd like to see apart of your club isn't outlandish. It's what some people tend to do at times and sometimes rumors pop up or a footballer catches someone's eye and they come here and share...

Demanding your team makes good acquisition isn't fantasy.

Supporters in other country demand their clubs add talent all the time. And lack of spending money on acquisitions have been criticized on this forum before. Managers many times are criticized for not making additions and sometimes criticized for making bad acquisitions.

It's nothing new. It's not fantasy. It happens.

And many times supporters protest players and managers who are doing poorly. Even asking for their resignation. That stuff happens everywhere. In fact protest have even happened in this fan base when they fired Petke.

Demanding the most out of the club you support is not a bad thing.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

If you don't like the conversation topic no one is forcing you to participate.

Same for you.
I have just as much right to comment here, as you do.
If I do not like what I read, I am going to speak to it.

Demanding

No one here has the right to demand anything from the club. Especially on a fan board.

Supporters in other country demand their clubs ...
supporters protest players and managers

They also riot, stone buses and do other stupid shit.
Fortunately, that does not happen here.

protest have even happened in this fan base when they fired Petke.

I dont remember a single stone being thrown.
No fires were set. No one was attacked.

Demanding the most out of the club you support is not a bad thing.

Why? No one in the FO is listening to you.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I really don't know what you're problem with me is but it's gotten old let it go.

I think that the FO office should add players and apparently you don't and like you have said very condescendingly you're "bemused " by people talking about additions because as you said "they fancy themselves GM"... Well like I said I'd like to see them add players I don't need to be a GM to want that. I don't need to be a GM nor think myself as one to have an opinion of who I'd like to see play with Metro and I certainly can say and opinionate who I feel like can mesh on the field with the current roster.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Same for you.
I have just as much right to comment here, as you do.
If I do not like what I read, I am going to speak to it.

No one here has the right to demand anything from the club. Especially on a fan board.
They also riot, stone buses and do other stupid shit.
Fortunately, that does not happen here.
I dont remember a single stone being big thrown.
No fires were set. No one was attacked.

Why? No one in the FO is listening to you.

if you don't like what I have to say then too bad. I'm not trying to sell you on any idea I just wanted to share but now it's starting to feel like you want to denigrate whatever I bring up. And yes there was a protest against firing Petke.. Rocks don't have to be thrown and things don't have to be set on fire in order to demand or protest things. And if you recognize that you have as much right as I do then why denigrate what I say. If you felt that way and didn't like it maybe you should take a step back and question yourself if you have done that or are doing that now.

I like to voice my thoughts here whether the FO listens or not because I assume people on here want to discuss the same things but instead you've been instead you haven't "been speaking on it" you've been condescending and denigrating what I've said.

I have tried to steer the conversation back to additions to Metro but you keep bringing it back to squabbling.

Would you like to talk about additions to the team or random players available or rumored to be available or are you going to continue to be a contrary conversationalist?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Only if Milo could post these tidbits on twitter as well. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

There's an extent to which you've got to take these threads for what they are: Tips on players to scout on Football Manager. And that's not a dig. I fucking love Football Manager.

I do think we spend a little too much time worrying about what are effectively salary cap accounting designations. We've got a handful of guys over the max cap hit that we're paying down with allocation money.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

don't know what you're problem with me is

I do not have a problem with you Per Se.
I do have a problem with anyone thinking that fans should demand the acquisition of certain players or certain types of players. There is a big difference between: I wish we would sign another striker, or: This team needs another DP, and: I DEMAND one or the other.

I think that the FO ... should add players and apparently you don't

I wish RB would sign Hazard. In fact, I demand it!
There is a difference between the two statements.

you have said very condescendingly you're "bemused " (by those) "that fancy themselves GM"

I AM bemused by it! Not just here, but all Talk Radio!
Reminds me of a caller saying about a college coach who finally lost a game in his third season: I told you when we hired that bum, that he would lose a game every couple of years!

I certainly can say and opinionate ...

But must you? 😉

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

if you don't like what I have to say then too bad.

Oh, no! Now my feelings are hurt!

now it's starting to feel like you want to denigrate whatever I bring up.

Not everything.

there was a protest against firing Petke.

Indeed there was! I was there! Protesting!
But not demanding.

Rocks don't have to be thrown and things don't have to be set on fire in order to demand or protest things.

I thought you wanted to do things the right way, like the rest of the world. At least a pitch invasion.

if you recognize that you have as much right as I do then why denigrate what I say.

Not everything.

If you felt that way and didn't like it maybe you should take a step back and question yourself if you have done that or are doing that now.

This seems like a line from a Bert Bacharach song.

I like to voice my thoughts here whether the FO listens or not because I assume people on here want to discuss the same things but instead you've been instead you haven't "been speaking on it" you've been condescending and denigrating what I've said.

There may be a point in here, but I cant find it!

I have tried to steer the conversation back to additions to Metro but you keep bringing it back to squabbling.

Well, I am unable to match your extensive knowledge of South American players and their possible availability and market value, so squabbling it is!

Would you like to talk about additions to the team or random players available or rumored to be available or are you going to continue to be a contrary conversationalist?

I refer you to my previous response.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Only if Milo could post these tidbits on twitter as well. 

If only?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i'd love for him to post his opinions about this stuff on twitter, but prob doesn't have an acct. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

i'd love for him to post his opinions ... on twitter 

I would not be able to reply.
My ASBO bans me from all social media except MF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users