Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

plus he was paid at DP level, and hasn't played all that much. think Claudio Reyna, but without the retirement that put him out of his misery at RBNY. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Benedetto from Boca Juniors and Jose Peñalosa
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Javier Pastore.  Wants out of PSG (reportedly).  28 year old attacking midfielder, who can also play out wide.  Somewhat of a big name.

He wants to move to get playing time, so he gets called up by Argentina for the World Cup.  So he probably wouldn't consider MLS.  Also, his contract still has a year and a half to go, and PSG will probably want to maximize the transfer fee to help with FFP problems after Neymar and Mbappe.  But if TFC can get Giovinco, maybe anything's possible.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Javier Pastore.  Wants out of PSG (reportedly).  28 year old attacking midfielder, who can also play out wide.  Somewhat of a big name.

He wants to move to get playing time, so he gets called up by Argentina for the World Cup.  So he probably wouldn't consider MLS.  Also, his contract still has a year and a half to go, and PSG will probably want to maximize the transfer fee to help with FFP problems after Neymar and Mbappe.  But if TFC can get Giovinco, maybe anything's possible.

Would instantly be the best player in MLS. Hes really an underrated talent. Hes had his fair share of injuries and I think thats why he doesnt get as much hype as he probably deserves.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Word is atlanta united is trying to sign ezequial barco for 15 mill.

Exactly the player we should be going after. Would be huge for the league to get someone like that.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Exactly the player we should be going after. Would be huge for the league to get someone like that.

At this point would anyone bet against Toronto, Atlanta and Blood Money FC dominating the East for the foreseeable future? Teams that build rosters by dumpster diving and the soccer version of extreme couponning are going to struggle in MLS 3.0.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

50,000 tickets per game lets you do that.     If we splashed $15M on a guy, especially a Barco-type guy unknown to suburban soccer parents and kids, we'd still only average 15,000 butts in seats, until we'd won at least 2 or 3 MLS Cups.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I like the Pastore idea, these fringe players that are immensely talented but only fringe because they play with stacked teams should be MLS targets in this era.. More Giovincos less Veróns and Kaka..

I like it.. I would also throw in players that are having stand out international campaigns for their clubs in South America
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

https://www.instagra.../p/BcDxbwqhY1Q/

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

https://www.instagra.../p/BcDxbwqhY1Q/

Rossi going back to Italy. Well according to his instagram.

LONG LIVE METRO

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

FWIW, Carlos Mendes "retired".

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Hearing that Gyasi Zardes could be on the move this offseason. Per source, potential landing spots for #USMNT attacker are DC, Columbus and Vancouver.

For what it's worth I like Zardes.  I think he's a good player in this league.  Not totally sure on what his best position/formation is and I don't see how he fits with us, but it's worth noting that he's available.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hearing that Gyasi Zardes could be on the move this offseason. Per source, potential landing spots for #USMNT attacker are DC, Columbus and Vancouver.

For what it's worth I like Zardes.  I think he's a good player in this league.  Not totally sure on what his best position/formation is and I don't see how he fits with us, but it's worth noting that he's available.

$577k for a striker that's scored 12 goals in the last three years, yikes he's been coasting since that 2014 season. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

A big NO on Zardes...Hell no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users