Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
We would need a LB that would not go forward and cover Fredy out on the LW. I think that window has closed. Should DP3 be a striker or a left sided wing player?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Adu is the next Cosmos reclamation project, book it. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

DP3 should be a striker...  We got lucky with Henry this year in terms of injuries and we'll be hopefully getting rid of Espindola. 

Don't know if it's all at realistic, but I'd try to throw a chunk of money at Aron Johnannsson.

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

center mid to play next to Dax in a 4-2-3-1

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

DP3 should be a striker...  We got lucky with Henry this year in terms of injuries and we'll be hopefully getting rid of Espindola. 

Don't know if it's all at realistic, but I'd try to throw a chunk of money at Aron Johnannsson.

I could deal with a front line of BWP and Cahill if Henry is hurt.  Pick up an MLS lifer for about 120 to back them up and drop Spin

I'd rather have the string puller in midfield as a DP3

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
4-2-3-1? Where would Cahill be? Up top alone?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I could deal with a front line of BWP and Cahill if Henry is hurt.  Pick up an MLS lifer for about 120 to back them up and drop Spin

I'd rather have the string puller in midfield as a DP3

A string puller is fine, but then you are pretty much guaranteeing that it's Henry and Cahill up top most games.  WIth that being the case, we MUST add speed on the wings.

The other thing we have to see is Petke and how much he wants to move to a 4-3-3. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Whether on the wing or centrally, we need more direct, 1v1 ability. Over and over last night, as the the ball moved into the final 3rd, it got pushed wide to the wing for (bad) crosses. Its not a bad approach if there's diversity in the attack, but it became so predictable and made the buildup too slow and easy to doublemark Cahill. We need people (smarter than Spin) to drive into the box and make shit happen.

Is stephen Ireland any more attainable now? 

And the name makes you laugh, but Ricardo Quaresma is out of contract. Trial and sign him for 50K if he still has anything we could use. Between Cahill, Petke and Henry, I feel like we have strong leadership to take a risk on a wayward knucklehead like him. They wouldnt let him drag ass.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

4-2-3-1? Where would Cahill be? Up top alone?

I put him behind the striker and build through the wings. 

But I think Petke likes him better next to Dax.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

A string puller is fine, but then you are pretty much guaranteeing that it's Henry and Cahill up top most games.  WIth that being the case, we MUST add speed on the wings.

The other thing we have to see is Petke and how much he wants to move to a 4-3-3. 

As I wrote elsewhere, an upgrade at LM is a must and I would assume speed is part of the equation (Sam being plenty fast on the right)

But I'd rather the DP be a CM before a forward.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Wow, find out what the coach wants to do first? Sorry, but then it wouldn't satisfy the definition of random. :lol:

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

If we got a DP, someone in the middle like Valeri, Higuain would be excellent. A creative player, a distributor who can dictate play. Cahill is great, he's not best as a CM. A lot of hustle and heart, but going forward it's often just punt it wide and hoof it to goal. Liked him up top where him and Henry combined excellently due to their IQ and Cahill being closer to goal. 

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

I wouldn't hate seeing Oduro again as I've said before. Could start the CCL games and really help late in games.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
The culture of our team changed this year. Roxy talks about getting the right guys on and off the field. Adu doesnt fall into that category

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users