163 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yep. We need to win this and get a draw in Montreal to guarantee us the home game.

We need 6 points. If we only get 4, TFC can overtake us as they are only a point behind right now.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

We need 6 points. If we only get 4, TFC can overtake us as they are only a point behind right now.

You are correct, thought they were sitting on 45 points for some reason.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
4 may still be enough, but we'll need help from Chicago (maybe) or Columbus (unlikely). And still obviously need to do our part vs DC next week.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

4 may still be enough, but we'll need help from Chicago (maybe) or Columbus (unlikely). And still obviously need to do our part vs DC next week.

TFC also has the Canadian Championship against Montreal on Wednesday, so possibly a little fatigue from schedule congestion, depending on how they roll their lineups.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

like the attitude

“I feel right now, everything we need to do, we need to do that with urgency,” left back Kemar Lawrence said. “We need to be aggressive. And we need to stamp our class to show people that when you play us that we will run you over.”

https://www.mlssocce...owards-playoffs

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

like the attitude

“I feel right now, everything we need to do, we need to do that with urgency,” left back Kemar Lawrence said. “We need to be aggressive. And we need to stamp our class to show people that when you play us that we will run you over.”

https://www.mlssocce...owards-playoffs

sounds like a Tifo -

how about a taxi doing donuts on Audi Field?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Would actually be on board with Taxi being captain if he wasn't hurt or away from the team so much. 

Hate having a keeper as captain even with Robles being a very good leader.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would actually be on board with Taxi being captain if he wasn't hurt or away from the team so much. 

Hate having a keeper as captain even with Robles being a very good leader.

Absolutely.

Also, I havent seen this on here yet, so I'll post it here, but Jamaica just hit #50 in the FIFA rankings which means he's now eligible for a work permit in England. That's an offseason concern, but something to keep in mind.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Absolutely.

Also, I havent seen this on here yet, so I'll post it here, but Jamaica just hit #50 in the FIFA rankings which means he's now eligible for a work permit in England. That's an offseason concern, but something to keep in mind.

cool.

Let him go with best wishes and then play Tarek/Tolkein.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Maybe yesterday saw the winning formula for New York....

Royer has been the MVP so start him in his best spot LW and RZA has the best distribution skills out of the CMs so start him at the tip of the 3 man CM Triangle with Davis and Cassares.. When Davis is on point it makes a huge difference. Sims at RW and Barlow or White start at CF and then have the Big guns in Kaku and BWP come on around min 60-65...

Duncan looked great at RB Long has been a Allstar...

Beat the scum!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

...RZA has the best distribution skills out of the CMs so start him at the tip of the 3 man CM Triangle with Davis and Cassares.. When Davis is on point it makes a huge difference....

Problem is he hasnt been on point for 90 minutes all season.

I thought we looked better when Davis came off and Kaku came on.

Have we seen a triangle of CCJ Rza Kaku this year?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

would like to see a CCJ RZA Kaku together and playing well.

RZA has been inconsistent but put together a few good games here in the last week.  Hoping it keeps up.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

I think that was more a function of Kaku being an improvement offensively than Rza necessarily being better than Davis. Not too fussed either way between Rza and Davis, but CCJ and Kaku both need to be starting. Kaku is obviously good as a supersub, but that's not a luxury we can afford in every game - hopefully he's fully fit for the remainder of the season.

Also worried about Rza's stamina if he's asked to play 90 mins (he's flagged a couple of times late in games). Having him off the bench for whoever is getting tired is the best way to go, I think.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sort of, the 4-3-1-2 that Armas rolled out for a few games recently had CCJ and Rza ahead of Davis with Kaku playing pretty high up field. I don't believe we've seen those three line up in the 4-2-3-1 yet though, and my guess is that is the formation we're using for the rest of the year to accommodate Sims.

Rza always looks great so long as he's not playing a deep-lying 6

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I think that was more a function of Kaku being an improvement offensively than Rza necessarily being better than Davis. Not too fussed either way between Rza and Davis, but CCJ and Kaku both need to be starting. Kaku is obviously good as a supersub, but that's not a luxury we can afford in every game - hopefully he's fully fit for the remainder of the season.

Also worried about Rza's stamina if he's asked to play 90 mins (he's flagged a couple of times late in games). Having him off the bench for whoever is getting tired is the best way to go, I think.

we need to put teams away by going up by 2 (or 3)  and then put RZA and Myul on to shut them down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users