magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Lets talk about how great he is.

I want to start with this: apparently Tyler Adams discovered him.
https://twitter.com/...8413035520?s=21

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Obligatory joke about our scouts actually just being our players.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Obligatory joke about our scouts actually just being our players.

It's funny because it's true.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Eddie Gaven 2.0.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Hes gonna go in goal at some point and Robles is gonna play the field?!

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Kinda funny/sad that Etienne has played 20 games and not scored, and this dude scores in his first 17 minutes.  I like DE a lot, hope he turns into something special, seems like a good kid. I really wasn't expecting Mines to meaningfully contribute to RB1 this year- I figured he'd be on the bench & with the reserves. That's why I'm not the coach! :)

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Kinda funny/sad that Etienne has played 20 games and not scored, and this dude scores in his first 17 minutes.  I like DE a lot, hope he turns into something special, seems like a good kid. I really wasn't expecting Mines to meaningfully contribute to RB1 this year- I figured he'd be on the bench & with the reserves. That's why I'm not the coach! :)

Lots of people here talking about what a great game DE had, but all I saw were the missed opportunities in front of goal.  That's what he's here for, and he doesn't get it done.  Since he seems to be universally liked, I'm hopeful, but I just haven't seen what others have seen from him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Lots of people here talking about what a great game DE had, but all I saw were the missed opportunities in front of goal.  That's what he's here for, and he doesn't get it done.  Since he seems to be universally liked, I'm hopeful, but I just haven't seen what others have seen from him.

He had two pretty bad missed opportunities in the second half. First, was when he tried to chip the keeper - the keeper wasnt that far out and DE7 had plenty of space to get in closer to get a higher percentage shot off. The second was cross that came to him in a ton of space in the box, but his touch was garbage and he didnt even get a shot off.

I do think Etienne played well (that first goal doesnt happen with Muyl), but it is hard to overlook some of his issues in front of net. Im hopeful its just a confidence thing and he will be better once one drops.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He had two pretty bad missed opportunities in the second half. First, was when he tried to chip the keeper - the keeper wasnt that far out and DE7 had plenty of space to get in closer to get a higher percentage shot off. The second was cross that came to him in a ton of space in the box, but his touch was garbage and he didnt even get a shot off.

I do think Etienne played well (that first goal doesnt happen with Muyl), but it is hard to overlook some of his issues in front of net. Im hopeful its just a confidence thing and he will be better once one drops.

On the second one, I'd say it was a garbage pass rather than bad control from DE. Lots of power on the ball, knee/hip high iirc. Some players may be able to control that perfectly, but not many of them are in the MLS. :)

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

On the second one, I'd say it was a garbage pass rather than bad control from DE. Lots of power on the ball, knee/hip high iirc. Some players may be able to control that perfectly, but not many of them are in the MLS. :)

To me, that was a terrible pass from Rivas. It was a bit behind Etienne, was very difficult to control. He should have taken it first time but no guarantees there either.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

To me, that was a terrible pass from Rivas. It was a bit behind Etienne, was very difficult to control. He should have taken it first time but no guarantees there either.

Ok.  Rivas was pretty wide when he made the pass, I think Etienne had enough time to adjust to the pace of the ball.  You expect your attacking players to get a shot off in that situation.  I like Derrick though, so I'm more than happy to blame that play on Rivas.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Keep thinking about this past game and people talking about how hard of a worker Mines is.

Is Ben Mines just an Alex Muyl who can actually finish?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Keep thinking about this past game and people talking about how hard of a worker Mines is.

That would make him ... Daniel Royer?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Didnt Alex score in debut as well? Mines just looked better out there to me than Muyl does. I thought Mines looked in sync with the team, where Muyls running just seems chaotic.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

That would make him ... Daniel Royer?

Ben Mines is a little too young to be a MILF hunter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users