JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

For those of us around during the Cletus/MetroStars days, this interview is gold!

https://www.youtube....h?v=zTPCEYl0dbI

It was a roundtable discussion with Mathis, Steve Jolley, Brian White, and Connor Lade -- but it quickly turns into an interview by Jolley of Clint. He talks about his nightclub memories and dishes in great detail on how Metro management fucked him over when he was aiming to move abroad to Germany.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Thanks for sharing. Still my favorite Metro. :cheers:

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's brutal how much Nick and OZ screwed him over. What POSes.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Jacen McCullough

Jacen McCullough

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Great interview, though I thought it was hilarious to see Mathis as "Old Man Cleetus," complaining about kids these days and their cellular phones, haha.  Considering his history, it was also funny to hear him talking about how the coach has the last word (didn't he point at his wrist after scoring a goal for Hannover, as if to tell the coach "it's about time" he got some playing time?).  I love Mathis.  Bar none among the best Metros ever.  But I don't know that I would want to coach too many Mathises.

Another surprise in here was how warmly both Mathis and Jolley spoke about Lothar.  We all hated him, but it seems as if he did right by his teammates at least.

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Great interview!

--- Red Bulls & NY Jets will win a championship after my lifetime so kill me now. ---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users